Author Topic: Our friend Joe.  (Read 13025 times)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
Re: Our friend Joe.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »
Ann:

Don't be too hasty to blow off the NHS idea.  At least with that, everyone gets some level of healthcare.  In the U.S., if you're unfortunate enough to be uninsured - tough noogies!

Tying the cost of healthcare to employment is one way to drive 1000's of jobs off-shore.  It makes an American employee far more expensive than a foreign employee.

Even with the patchwork of healthcare options, too many Americans fall thru the cracks.  And, why is it that the U.S. system costs roughly TWICE as much as in any other western developed country? -- not because it is twice as good in quality-of-care.  Needless-to-say, the medical profession, the insurance industry, and big pharma just LOVE the present U.S. system - and fight hard to avoid any changes.

Why not explore the BEST of the American system AND the BEST of the various NHS systems (Canada, UK, etc.) and design a new superior system?

Don't like the idea of <shudder> "socialized medicine"?  OK.  Just give us the same taxpayer-paid first-class heathcare plan that Congress itself enjoys.  After all, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander", right?

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »
You're all missing the big picture. Specially OBL. Remember a Rose by any other name still smells the same. Of what difference to my body who prescribes the same medicine to whom? If you have high blood pressure and they prescribe a drug that is ineffective on you then YOU are non-compliant.

So if you are taking your meds as prescribed and following your doctors instruction to the letter you may still be non-compliant by default. It's all going to come down to blaming the patient. As we all know doctors bury their mistakes and are notorious for not taking responsibility while drug company's all settle out of court without prejudice or precedence.

More than half of all medeical tests are ordered to cover the doctors butt from litigation. People want communism. Not just in medicine but in housing, credit, cars, windows and insulation along with free energy. ADHD became an epidemic when the government recognized it as a disability and offered a monthly stipend along with medicare. At one time they lobbied to get obesity recognized. Everyone wants to sit home and get a check.

NHS? A monarch has the responsebility to provide for their subjects. As for quality? A Bandaid is a Bandaid. We haven't had a king since Nixon (God rest his soul). Clearly a third of this country is already communist being provided food, paycheck, housing and medical care already. Now "Middle" america wants the same thing after finding themselves in the same boat.

I've said this many times. What I want is a capitalist republican country where everyone gets the full level of education so they can be limited only by their own ambition. Where they can be employed in a career and not just a job. Where they can afford their own medical coverage and live their lives to the fullest extent of the laws of man and God.

But alas.... The people spoke. They came out it record numbers to let their voice be heard. I tried. You know I did. But "they would not listen they did not know how. Perhaps they'll listen now?"
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »

We can have a NHS system...as long as its the same as our good politicians have...and not have to pay for it. but I definately do not want to have to wait months to see {for instance, a surgeon} if I need surgery.

Why do some people from Canada come down here for their health needs?  All these stories can't be false...can they?

Ahhh yes, the people spoke & look what happened.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:05 PM »
Thank god for the NHS... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the NHS... oh yeah, I'd be alive... possibly... but I wouldn't be able to afford a computer, I can't live long enough to repay what I owe, thank god for all the tax payers.

"I got a letter from my insurance company suggesting I reconsider..." wouldn't get that on the NHS

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »

We can have a NHS system...as long as its the same as our good politicians have...and not have to pay for it. but I definitely do not want to have to wait months to see {for instance, a surgeon} if I need surgery.

Why do some people from Canada come down here for their health needs?  All these stories can't be false...can they?

Ahhh yes, the people spoke & look what happened.

Exactely  Ann! i don't want the government involved in my medical choices especially the needs of my prosthetic care.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:31:37 AM »
well i agree with all of you in some of your points, and i am on who does not want BIG BROTHER the goverment telling me what medical treatments i can and can not have, i have that already with MEDICARE. which i feel i earned to have by working the number of years that i needed to work to qualify for it. sure i got it earlier than mosts but due the the  goverment and tabaco companies, i  am in the condition that i am in, and down here in TEXAS, the ones that voted for NOBAMA, are now coming to thier senses that they voted to wrong person in to office, just like when i first got down here you didnt dare say anything wrong about GWB, now they cuss the heck out of him. for what he didnt stop or do.

We dont need NHS, we need to force the medical people to come down on what they charge us, right now just for an office visit it runs around 165.00 and most of the nurses are making 80,000.00 and up a year, some of them out in california before i left were making over 100,000.oo a year, we just got a bill for two (rpt) two x-rays for my wife and it was 117.00, so now you tell me why the doc's and nurses's live in big fancy homes and drive the latest and fancest cars on the market,

And yes the CANADIAN'S are coming down to the states to get thier operations done because of the long wait up there to get anything done, because a lot of the live saving operations they need, they have been told that they dont need them, and also most of them are over 65, and in a NHS program those are the last ones to get treatment, this new health plan they are dreaming up for us here in the states have mentioned that very thing that us that are over 65, are not productive enough to need the treatment.

SO IN CLOSING I PERSONNALLY DONT FEEL WE NEED A NHS!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:33:24 AM by pegleg jack »
you-all have a great day.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »
Right on Jack! You bet your Prosthetic leg "they" voted for the wrong man in office!! >:(

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »

I really do not have anything against Pres. Obama...{Honest truth here} but for instance when running for the top office he ran John McCain down on we might have to pay taxes on insurance payments...now he's going to do the same thing.  When he was running there would be no increase in middle america's taxes....better hang onto every penny you find cause you are 'gonna need it.

I still believe if they want everyone covered with insurance,...[color FINE=red] let us have what congress & our president has.  Same coverages for life!!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »
Thank god for the NHS... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the NHS... oh yeah, I'd be alive... possibly... but I wouldn't be able to afford a computer, I can't live long enough to repay what I owe, thank god for all the tax payers.

"I got a letter from my insurance company suggesting I reconsider..." wouldn't get that on the NHS

Oneblueleg,

Are you tellling me you can receive coverage with no payment {on your part} for all your prosthesic items ??  And what is this about your insurance company?  And what about taxes...how are they paid in your area?  If you don't want to tell me, that's OK too.  I just want some facts on NHS as we have no idea what it really would be.

:)
Thanks, ann

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28:01 PM »
People on NHS systems would always want you to think it's free. It comes from taxes. Some pay 80% and more. It's an illusion. In the U.S.they say, "Don't worry your insurance will pay for it" Who do you think pays the insurance company?

Yes it is true that people from Canada often come here rather than wait for important things like open heart surgery. Yes they do factor in the economic malfeasance of who gets what and when. People in the U.S. who need elective surgery often travel to Costa Rica where they get better service for far less money.

Tax insurance? You already pay income taxes on Social Security stipends depending on other income. NoBamma wants to tax insurance premiums paid by an employer as income. Then he'll be sniffin around unemployment benefits. Someone has to foot the bill. You can't give better goods and services without raising taxes.

He flat out said, "We're going to lower the cost of prescriptions to the elderly and poor by charging more to the 'Folks" who can afford them". That's Marxism plain and simple and I aint talking Groucho.

Social Security is by no means a Social program. It is an insurance policy premium that most Americans are required to pay. Even then it takes most people Two years and an attorney to collect then two more years to get part "B"? That's just not right. Like any other communist country there is no incentive to excel. "The more you make, The more they take" has taken on a whole new meaning.

OBTW a Registered nurse on Maui starts at $65.00 dollars per hour
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
Lets see... You get

$8000 credit to buy a home
$3000 credit to buy a car
$1500 to install new windows
$800 for a new hot water heater
$Who knows, to install a windmill
And now some of the most liberal bankruptcy laws the country has ever seen?

Oh say. Does anyone know a Practitioner who will accept 9 cents on the dollar for his bill?

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 08:19:48 PM »

Oneblueleg,

Are you tellling me you can receive coverage with no payment {on your part} for all your prosthesic items ??  And what is this about your insurance company?  And what about taxes...how are they paid in your area?  If you don't want to tell me, that's OK too.  I just want some facts on NHS as we have no idea what it really would be.

:)
Thanks, ann

Hi Ann, we pay 10% of our income to look after our citizens, and I'm more than happy to do so. Some of us really need it, some will never need it... but no one I've met minds... we look after our fellow countrymen. As for the insurance reference, the point I was trying to make was we never need to explain to anyone why we make a decision, it's always up to us.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
All I know is when I was injured I was suddenly out of work. I was put on a injury benefit and was issued a medical card. All visits and prosthetic legs were paid for by the Irish state. No out of pocket what so ever.

After my settlement I gave up my medical card (and my free legs). I was barely working but didn't believe in getting things free when I could pay for them. Thats where it stands now.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »
You're all missing the big picture. Specially OBL. Remember a Rose by any other name still smells the same. Of what difference to my body who prescribes the same medicine to whom? If you have high blood pressure and they prescribe a drug that is ineffective on you then YOU are non-compliant.

So if you are taking your meds as prescribed and following your doctors instruction to the letter you may still be non-compliant by default. It's all going to come down to blaming the patient. As we all know doctors bury their mistakes and are notorious for not taking responsibility while drug company's all settle out of court without prejudice or precedence.

More than half of all medeical tests are ordered to cover the doctors butt from litigation. People want communism. Not just in medicine but in housing, credit, cars, windows and insulation along with free energy. ADHD became an epidemic when the government recognized it as a disability and offered a monthly stipend along with medicare. At one time they lobbied to get obesity recognized. Everyone wants to sit home and get a check.

NHS? A monarch has the responsebility to provide for their subjects. As for quality? A Bandaid is a Bandaid. We haven't had a king since Nixon (God rest his soul). Clearly a third of this country is already communist being provided food, paycheck, housing and medical care already. Now "Middle" america wants the same thing after finding themselves in the same boat.

I've said this many times. What I want is a capitalist republican country where everyone gets the full level of education so they can be limited only by their own ambition. Where they can be employed in a career and not just a job. Where they can afford their own medical coverage and live their lives to the fullest extent of the laws of man and God.

But alas.... The people spoke. They came out it record numbers to let their voice be heard. I tried. You know I did. But "they would not listen they did not know how. Perhaps they'll listen now?"

I agree fully Joe. :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »
here is another thing that hasnt been mentioned and us on SOCIAL SECIURITY, We pay every month i believe that it is up to 99.20 a month for MEDICARE part B, and depending on your income it even goes higher, so to those you think we are getting a free ride look agian, and there is a  lot that MEDICARE wont and dosent cover, we found that out when the wife had her ROTOR CUFF surgery, am still trying to pay that off, the operation was around 63,000.00  and we had to pay 3000.00 out of own pocket cause of thing that she need and MEDICARE didnot cover it.
you-all have a great day.