Author Topic: Amputee Pirate joke  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Amputee Pirate joke
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:21:52 AM »
A pirate walked into a bar and the bartender said, 'Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened? You look terrible.'
 'What do you mean?' said the pirate, 'I feel fine.'

Bartender, 'What about the wooden leg? You didn't have that before.'
 Pirate, 'Well, we were in a battle and I got hit with a cannon ball, but I'm fine now.'

Bartender, 'Well, OK, but what about that hook? What happened to your hand?'
 Pirate, 'We were in another battle. I boarded a ship and got into
a sword fight. My hand was cut off. I got fitted with a hook. I'm fine, really.'

Bartender 'What about that eye patch?'
 Pirate, 'Oh, one day we were at sea and a flock of sea-gulls flew over.  I looked
up... and one of them shit in my eye.'

'You're kidding,' said the bartender, 'you lost an eye just from bird shit?'
 Pirate, 'It was my first day with the hook.'

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
Re: Amputee Pirate joke
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:29:52 AM »
Enjoyed the joke, Steve! My girlfriend wants to know how to say "grandmother" or "grama" in traditional Irish language if you know, that would be great. Thanks. David in Canada. PS. Parts for the trike motorcycle conversion are starting to arrive from Trinity Trike in Florida!
pin-hi

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:47:12 AM »
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 02:55:18 AM »
Gee. Talk about perspective. You lost a set of keys in an ocean? An ocean? Then you find the keys and say you have bad luck? Keys?... Ocean? I'm still waiting for my swim leg to wash up and you found your key's. That's OK. Bro.

David Did you ever ride a Trike before? They suck like a Black hole in space. Here you go down the road at about 60 when the road bends left and for some strange reason the trike goes straight as the front wheel bounces happily into the guard rail. I have had a few over the years just for resale. There is big bucks in vintage rides. Old 4-5's. Mostly WWII era and a few Copsicles. People went nuts for those old wrecks.

A big learning curve but good luck with it and enjoy building it.

Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
Joe, check out Trinity Trikes out of Hudson, Florida. http://thetrinitytrike.com/ Times have changed with trikes and how they handle when done right. Mine's a 2006 Harley Davidson 1200 cc., 6800 km's on it, Sportster XL and Sportsters are not generally considered a good choice for a trike but this guy at Trinity seems to have it down pat... good low speed handling and tracks true at highway speeds as well. You might be interested in the story of the company's founders with your engineering background. Cheers. David in Canada.
pin-hi