Author Topic: Trying to kill time  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
Trying to kill time
« on: May 30, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »
You know this foot burn thing has me sitting at home by and by making an effort to fill my days untill I can go out again. So I decided to finally learn how to use my digital camera. It is a cannon and a good one with lots of fancy knobs and buttons. It takes good movies as well.

The manual may of well had been written in arabic. So I figure out how well the, "Auto' button worked. Two years now. I can tutor physics but don't ask me what a button is for. Does anyone know of a web site that welcomes morons?

Don't bother telling me to RTFM. Did that and still have no clue.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: Trying to kill time
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
 :)

Do you like to read Joe?  I don't mean manuals; I mean biographies, westerns, etc.  Another great time-killer is puzzles  {not the easy ones} you could get them done way too soon.  Does the Doctor give you any time line for the healing process?  Hopefully it won't be too long.

You sound like my Hubby;  he had to get new teeth on the bottom & all he can think of are foods he can't eat...like nuts and steak, etc.  We humans are like that aren't we. 

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »
Joe:

One of my passions - digital photography.  I'm blind as a bat, so I pick photography as a hobby  Go figure.  Any way, I subscribe to the "Blind Squirrel Method of Photography"  Take a zillion pictures.  Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while.

I had a Canon once.  It had so many buttons it could probably brew coffee. TOO complicated for me, so I gave it to my engineer son to figure out.  I've been thru several digital cameras of various makes.  My favorite right now is a Panasonic FZ28.  Plenty of buttons and knobs and blinkin' lights to keep this ol' geezer busy.  It's versatile and light weight, which is handy when I'm on my crutches.

Joe, as for on-line help with your camera try:

DPR = Ditital Photography Review.  They have reviews of all the popular cameras, and discussion forums for the various makes.  Try the "Canon Talk Forum", for example.

Try Googling "Canon + your model number".
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »
Crossword puzzles are a good time passer too.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »
if you have a spare table those 5000 piece jigsaw puzzles will take up a lot of you time, did that while i was pinned into my wheel chair and waiting for the insurance companies to pay up for me. six months went by fast.
you-all have a great day.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:14 AM »
Maybe you could knit or crochet?  ;D ;D