Author Topic: Words to live by and About getting hurt.  (Read 6104 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: Words to live by and About getting hurt.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »
 :)

Dick,   my hubby too...I would imagine I have given him alot of gray hair...but he never complains.  Yes, our mates have to be {angels on our shoulders} don't they.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
Ann, I'm glad you mentioned that our husbands deserve a lot of credit.  They have been with us through everything.  Mine has been around 44 years and hasn't left yet!!! LOL  Annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »
Annieg, you are only a couple of years or so behind us, we are hitting 47 this year and that is next month, come to think of it.
you-all have a great day.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »
I got married at 18 yr.  They said it wouldn't last!  I hope they're not still waiting!  LOL

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 06:35:39 PM »

Hey guys, I'm @ 46 years in October.  What a great ride we've had.  Would do the same thing over again...you see I have a great guy.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »
Joe:

Update on the LVH Group's Outback meal.  Same time and place, but different arrangements, I believe.  It's an informal meeting of the group members, but also a benefit FOR the group.  As I understand it, we buy our own meals and a % of the proceeds go to the LVH group.

So anyone eating at that particular Outback (Allentown) that day will be benefitting the LVH Group.

OK, so it's not a freebie, but a good time to get together and enjoy our company.

We plan to be there - - and the next day we fly out to Atlanta for the ACA Conference.  (Busy week)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »
As for great marriages, folks, we're at 47 years and counting..  I'm glad so many of us are blessed with faithful spouses who have stuck with us thru tink and thin.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
Wow, if we add up all the years we've been married it would be huge number!  Right on.  We seem to have a lucky group of people here!  Annieg

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »

Well, we must be living life the right way annieg...don't ya' think?

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 04:44:54 PM »
No Ann. Living right and marital longevity have nothing to do with each other. I can attest to this first hand. What I like the most about my wife is the way she doesn't care where I am. Make my work so much easier. My checks went home while I lived like a Rock Star on the Per Diem. Now that I'm home everyday there's enough friction to drive a Westinghouse Turbo. I can't imagine things continuing this way. This is her world on her planet. I don't belong here.

I miss my way so badly I would work for free. "Eastbound and Down" How I loved coming home but I couldn't wait to be on the road again. I know I'm pretty screwed up but I make no assertions to be otherwise.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
Joe,  I do think we did do something right to be still together all these year.  I think you call it compromise.  I think that the situation with your wife happens a lot when married couples are seperated quite a bit.  You each get used to your own life. You enjoy each other when you meet up a couple of times a year.  It's like starting over when you final live together.  This happens to a lot of people when they retire.  You say she lives her own life, can you find things to do on your own?  There's lots of groups and clubs that could interest you.  You are an interesting guy with a lot of knowledge you could share with others.  Check out libraries, you could tutor either an adult or teen. Good luck.  Annieg

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 10:11:25 PM »
I miss my way so badly I would work for free. "Eastbound and Down" How I loved coming home but I couldn't wait to be on the road again. I know I'm pretty screwed up but I make no assertions to be otherwise.

Hi Joe.  I can relate to what you are saying.  My aunt and her husband have been married for 25+ years.  He is almost always away from home.  He builds golf courses for a world famous golf course designer and he is head of construction for him.  As a result, he is gone for months at a time, however, it seems to work out fine for their marriage.  If he is home for more than a couple of weeks , they fight like cats and dogs. LOL.   :)

I can also relate to needing some space.  My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6+ years (since before I became an amp) and we are very happy with our relationship but we are very different.  LOL.  He is a woodsy, outdoorsman type and I am a city dweller but we make it work.  He goes "up north" to his property without me and that is fine with me.  People say that we should be together on the weekends but it does us some good to be apart.  I respect his desire to fish and hunt and he respects my desire to have a nice dinner and a hot shower.  LOL.  The important thing is that it works for us. 

I'm sure that this is unnecessary advice Joe, but remember that your wife has been there and that she will continue to be there, so be sure to let her know how important she is to you.

Michelle
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »

Of course you & your wife fight...who doesn't....you were used to being on your own turf & now you are on hers {so to speak}.  Things will get better, honest they will.  You have had a long time of getting well...she has been worried to death about you...and all you want to do is get to work.  You are sick & tired of being laid up and not feeling well.  Just soon as possible you need to take a vacation in that little beach house on Maoi.  Remember the one you told me about.  See my hubby was home every night...he was a supervisor of maintenance @ a steel plant.  We had alot of time together where as you were gone most of the time & spent alot less time @ home.

You know, I've often wondered how these stock car drivers ever settle down after the exciting life of travel & racing they have done.  But they do...and so can you.  Just as soon as you are feeling better.  That will happen also.

Now, tell me all about your beautiful island.  Just start talking and I will close my eyes and see if I can bring it up in my mind.  ;) ann

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 02:40:25 AM »
WOW. Thanks. In my life there is no such thing as unnecessary advise. You all wouldn't believe how bad I am with people. Half want to hug me while the other half seem to want to hit me. I am not Bipolar. I checked. There's only one. People don't understand that a person can be both sophisticated and naive at the same times. What I know can be chisled in stone. I know everything about it. But what I don't know is far greater. When it comes to people I have only recently learned how to shut up and listen. Listening is far more important.

When I was in Chaplain school they said it's not what you say but what you don't say. I think what really has me bugged is a serious drop in disposable income. Had lots of dough. Plenty of friends to help me earn it and even more to help me spend it. By the grace of God I do OK.

Just a sign of the times I guess but my lawyer was here this evening to tell me a company that owes me lots of dough has filed chapter 11.

http://www.journalregister.com/

I signed the papers but as of today the courts are considering paying me .09 cents on the dollar..... woow? Go Warriors! I'm just one of many on the list. I don't care. I don't cry when I win so I no cry for the lose.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com