Author Topic: members?????  (Read 9630 times)

Offline Minerva

• View Profile
Re: members?????
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
Listen guys, how big is a gopher?  I have seen these little critters...very small {4 inches} flat feet, grayish in color & kinda' longish snout.

Come on, Ann!  ::) Do a Google and take a look somewhere like here ~ http://www.ehow.com/how_2131212_tell-difference-between-moles-gophers.html They look very different.  :D

We are alittle cranky, aren't we  ::)

No, not really, Ann. :) I was just pointing out that the WWW could show you what they look like and that you could solve your riddle yourself.  ::)

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »
Ann, sure do and it works sound funny, but have done it and so have my niegbhors, get you a couple of packs of JUICY FRUIT GUM, dig down and find thier run and place a couple of sticks unwrapped in and the cover the run up, and it will get rid of them, it did for me and havent had any trouble since,

P.S. it has to be JUICY FRUIT, any other wont work dont know why.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will give that a try, but you know my darling hubby is going to laugh his *a-s off.  Sure hope I prove him wrong!!    :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLJ:

Just finished filling the mole holes up with a stick of juicy fruit gum...I asked hubby if the critters were running away & he told me NO they were all chewing gum ;D ;D ;D

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 09:11:24 PM »
Ann. from what i was told by my niebhor, it plugs them up cause they can not digest it, right now i am having a big problem with FIRE ANTS, have gotten into one of my wife flower bed and they really chewed her up before she got all of them off of her. Have cleaned out five hills so far and have a feeling there will be some more in the morning when i go out and check.
you-all have a great day.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 11:46:36 PM »
PLJ,
Orthene is the stuff for fire ants.
Spread the powder, and they come swarming out and die a horrible death.

Anyone who has been attacked by fire ants understands the visceral pleasure involved in watching them die a horrible death.
I can't piss fire. Orthene is the next best thing.