Author Topic: members?????  (Read 9598 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
members?????
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »

Where did everyone go????

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
Re: members?????
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »

I'm here, Ann!   :)   

Are you still liking your new foot?
"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »
Oh my gosh YES, YES, YES!    Best foot I've had.  Guess everyone must be having Little donkey babies.....planting garden.....flowers, etc.  I'm getting ready for my 1st. granddaughter's graduation this month...sure makes a person feel old.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »
Hi Ann, hope you are well too! How's that new leg?

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »
Oh my gosh YES, YES, YES!    Best foot I've had. 

Great!  ;)

"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
Hi Ann, Robogirl and Snowbear.  I'm still here. 

Ann... Glad to hear you like your new foot.  I look forward to (hopefully) getting a new foot next year. 

Snowbear... How is your new dog?  I'm sure she has completely settled into your routine and that you have spoiled her rotten.

Robogirl... You must be busy too, I haven't had the pleasure of reading your posts lately.

I think that everyone has been busy with the arrival of spring.  I have been very busy outdoors lately.  I decided to remove some dead ground cover that was underneath our maple tree.  What a project!  I thought it would only take a few hours, instead it's taken me several days.  The ground cover roots are mixed in with the maple tree roots so I had to be careful.  I'm not used to swinging an axe and digging with a shovel, so I've used muscles that I haven't used in quite a while.  LOL  :)  I finally have everything removed and I am getting two yards of black dirt delivered tomorrow.  I'll be glad when I have this project completed.   :) 

I have also been busy riding my road bike.  It is nice to be able to go biking again.  I miss riding outdoors all winter.  I had my cycling prosthesis modified a couple of weeks ago and the modifications are wonderful.  I look forward to riding a lot of miles before the snow flies again.

I hope that everyone is doing great.
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 08:43:56 PM »
Mitchee,

And what are you going to plant in that black dirt?     Glad you are riding again....I'm afraid to ride outside..afraid I'll fall and give myself a boo~boo.  Just getting over my fall where I cleaned off my end table...good thing my dog was behind me...probably would have squashed {tootsie} her.

BTW anyone know how to get rid of moles??  My backyard looks horrible....we have used just about everything...almost afraid to buy any other item..hubby is still laughing since I bought the vibrating stakes to run them off.  WE've had poisoned worms, and something you sprinkled all over the yard.  Somebody told me to get dynamite and blow them out like they did in CaddyShack  ;D ;D ;D

Everyone have a great evening.  :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »
Ann, sure do and it works sound funny, but have done it and so have my niegbhors, get you a couple of packs of JUICY FRUIT GUM, dig down and find thier run and place a couple of sticks unwrapped in and the cover the run up, and it will get rid of them, it did for me and havent had any trouble since,

P.S. it has to be JUICY FRUIT, any other wont work dont know why.
you-all have a great day.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »
BTW anyone know how to get rid of moles??  My backyard looks horrible....we have used just about everything...almost afraid to buy any other item..hubby is still laughing since I bought the vibrating stakes to run them off.  WE've had poisoned worms, and something you sprinkled all over the yard.  Somebody told me to get dynamite and blow them out like they did in CaddyShack  ;D ;D ;D

Pleased to be of service.
You need the Rodenator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umEFHeo6mw

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
In other news, my father had a mild stroke, so I have been otherwise occupied.
He is out of hospital, and at a rehab facility for physical therapy.
Prospects are good, his attitude surprisingly upbeat.
He's walking with a walker, has some short term memory loss, but we are told this often resolves with time.

The charity raffle ended, the bike was won by a guy in South Carolina.
Looks like we'll have approx $2200.00 left over to to send to these fine folks.
http://www.saluteheroes.org/

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
Ann, sure do and it works sound funny, but have done it and so have my niegbhors, get you a couple of packs of JUICY FRUIT GUM, dig down and find thier run and place a couple of sticks unwrapped in and the cover the run up, and it will get rid of them, it did for me and havent had any trouble since,

P.S. it has to be JUICY FRUIT, any other wont work dont know why.

Will give that a try, but you know my darling hubby is going to laugh his *a-s off.  Sure hope I prove him wrong!!    :)

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 10:34:12 AM »
I'm not here... 8)

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »
Well, you better be here...we need your input on lots of issues.   :)

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »

Pleased to be of service.
You need the Rodenator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umEFHeo6mw

Are you for real guzzitx?  Could I blow off my other foot with it  ??? ???  sure don't want that to happen.  I have never seen anything like it.  But I have to agree that these moles are laughing hard @ me.  They certainly need alittle {blow me out of the ground} type of service.

Sorry about your father...hope he feels better soon and am glad you came out so well with your bike raffle.  Makes you feel good even though it was hard work, doesn't it.

Have a good day...and thanks for the info.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 11:53:50 AM »
Hi, Ann and friends:

T'm still around. Haven't been on here as often as I might - have been perpetually busy with many things.

Although  I'm a retired pastor, still keep active with colleagues and occasional guest preaching.  Our annual two-day, all-day synod meeting coming up tomorrow.

Endless little projects around the house, just tinkering and "putzing" stuff.

Just bought a new wheelchair - I was getting a bit broad-of-beam for the old one.  So now I'm customizing it with crutch-holders (done), cup-holder (in progress) and a bag for the back (still designing), and getting it ready for air travel (still designing).

Still walking as much as I can, but need the wheels for long hauls.

Am active with local LVH support group (a neat bunch of people), and planning to attend the ACA in Atlanta in a few weeks.

Oh yeah, can't forget #1 granddaughter. age 5.  :)

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA