Author Topic: update on getting my new legs  (Read 18575 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: update on getting my new legs
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »
PLJ ~ if you're wound up that tight, I'd say a good ol' shot of Jack Daniels might just help you.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
Would be a little hard no got any wheels yet and we live in a dry county and have to drive 10 miles to buy it.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Ally

• RAK South Africa
    • View Profile
    • Personal RAK Website
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 03:55:04 AM »
Damn, never rains but it pours, eh?
 ;)
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 04:11:19 AM »
Would be a little hard no got any wheels yet and we live in a dry county and have to drive 10 miles to buy it.

Here you go Jack...problem solved.

http://www.whiskeywise.com/homemade-whiskey.html

Homemade Whiskey - How to make Whiskey at home

The making of homemade whiskey through home distilling is an absolutely fascinating hobby. it really dates back to the times when farmers and home steaders made there own, and it was in these times that the Whiskey rebellion caused all sorts of political unrest...
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »

Crawl, baby crawl !! ;D ;D[/color][/font]

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »
Well thanks for all of your helpfull ideas, and STEVE, if i am not wrong and have read it some where that a person can distill 1 or two gallons a year for thier own personal use, I know that you can make your own beer, havent tried it yet, we tried making some wine and that was a desaster, wound up with wine all over the place, bottlles started to explode, and it was in our basement where i was raised, the family dosent own it any more but it is still standing and a real good family owns it,

Ann, 10 miles is just a tad far tp crawl me thinks, dont want blisters on my knees LOL

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 08:58:05 PM »
You certainly haveing a hard time if it.  What about ur legs did you get to test dirve them?  Hoe they replace ur car to that really sucks.  Let us know what happnes.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 11:16:56 PM »
To-all, here is the latest, got a call from the insuance company and they are going to scrape out my old car and give me 5065.83 for it, have an appointment with a lawyer this next week to find out it i can sue to get  them to pay for my new car which we put 5000.00 down on today and it is not a new one , but a used one at that , has onll 34,000 miles on it and it is a 2007 ford focus, if you want to see it type in ladeford.com and to the pre owned section and it is the 2007 ford focus 4d sedan tan color, so it is still on the manufature warranty of 60,000 miles and they told me that it may be extended by the previous owner to 75,000 and that the extra 15000 is still good on it, am having new hand controls put in it, dont know which ones that is going to be install but do know that is going to cost around 980.00 for it installed. Have gotten my legs as of yet, hopefully i will get them on moday when i go into to see my CPO, and still get to test drive them i hope. Also going to have to buy and have installed the tow bar cause my old one would not fit the new car, the width is differant and a 2000 lbs tow bar comes in handy every now and then.

The only good news that has happened today is we got a round trip all expensices payed trip to LAS VEGAS, so we are going to take that one along with 100 dollars worth of gas and a 40 gift card we can us at WALLY WORLD, for what ever we need or want. So that one i gave to the little women for her to get what ever she wants. How we got this was we bought into a resort village set up and got a real good deal on it and it is only about 45 mins from where we live and it right on LAKE PALISTINE, and they have two of them on the lake that we can use. and it only cost up 75 dollars a night for a two bedroom, 2 bath condo, plus free use of oll of the other thing that they offer. one i like is the fact they have a riding stable on one there and can go horseback riding, am going to try after i get my new legs, am a little scared to try with my pin/lock legs i have now, for i am a agressive rider and dont want to unlock one of my legs and have it come off and scare the blazes out of the horse and i get thrown off. And plus having somewhere to go fishing on the lake, i can also rent a boat or phonton boat and go out on the lake itself, So in ending this it seems like i am finally getting up in this worlld, never thought that i would ever have what i have now.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »
PLJ,

Won't your health insurance pay for the hand controls....I would try.  You are a veteran;  will they pay for the addition of controls? 
at this point I would try them all.  And I am glad I am in contact with a celebrity.  At least some good came from all this.  Hope you win alot of money in Vegas and have fun at Lake Palistine.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »
Ann, thanks didnt thing about that on my medical insurance and as for goverment, i am only 20% disabled so it would cover it.

And will try and win some money, one thing we are going to do is, go when our old bowling league goes up there for thier sweeps, so that we can see some  of our old friends that weekend.

Havent really read everything that i can use up at the lake resort yet. but do know now i have someplace that i can go fishing at and take the wife and enjoy ourselfs while we are there.

Am still going to start working on people to get it change on the insurance companies about not replacing the cars, maybe not for me so much as for others that are having it happen to them, sometimes this old computor comes in handy.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 10:11:59 AM »
Hello Jack - have you looked into buying a new car? There are some incredible bargains out there right now. I bought a new car at thanksgiving time and wish I had waited till now. I could have gotten the next better model for $3000 less than I paid. I know ford will pay up to $2000 for handicap adaption to a vehicle, maybe other manufacturers do the same. herb

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh Boy Jack! Big hug to you..Not a good year so far. ;)

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 02:34:19 AM »
Hope it all works out for you, PLJ.
BTW for you non-Texans, that is pronounced Lake Pal-a-Steen.

Offline Ally

• RAK South Africa
    • View Profile
    • Personal RAK Website
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 04:33:53 AM »

The only good news that has happened today is we got a round trip all expensices payed trip to LAS VEGAS, so we are going to take that one along with 100 dollars worth of gas and a 40 gift card we can us at WALLY WORLD, for what ever we need or want.

Eish - if that's the only good news, then it's fantastic news!

Way to go Jack!  Hope you have FUN FUN FUN - you SO deserve it!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »
Wlell i have good news and bad news for you-all today, so i will give you the bad first and then the good,

Didnt get my legs like i hoped, the test sockets didnt fit right and i couldnt get my right stump all the way down into it, and the rest need to go to a differant post, we are loosing one of our dogs today, dont know what has hit him, but in the last 4 days he has lost his sight and hearing and is unable to get up and walk, dosent eat, just drinks water, so i am going to have to have him put down this morning.

Now for the good news, call that guys insurance company, STATE FARM MUTUAL AUTO, and told them that by law i need hand controls to drive any car, and they asked me for the name of the company installing the controls in our car that we are buying and wanted them to send the invoice to them.Will know today cause they are coming to the house to get the title of the old car and pay us off, and it looks like our new used car will be ready today or tommarrow. So hopefully that is 980.00 that i dont have to come up with out of my own pocket.
All for today, gots to get out and go to work on stuff i am doing around here.