Author Topic: update on getting my new legs  (Read 18577 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
update on getting my new legs
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »
well today was the day i was supposed to get my test legs to test drive, quess what we never made it to his office, and we are without a car or transportation, was about 5 miles from his office and was stopped in traffic and got rear ended by a F150 three quarter ton pickup towing a trailer with a backhow on it, spent all afternoon in the emergency room in TYLER, TEXAS ETMC HOSPITAL, NO major damage tous, but am going to be good an sore tommarrow, because i tensed up  when i saw it cominig, as of right now i dont even know how bad the car is messed up, the medics got us out of the car and on the way to the hospital before i could even  talk to the police officer investigating the accident, and my wife is going to be the same way, he hit us so hard that it moved our car four feet into the car infront of me, and locked us togeather, i know that cause i tried to back up so that we could get the cars out of the middle of the road, so until we get some transportation of some kind my new legs are but on the back burner so to speak, at least i have found out that my insurance is not going to take a hit, by having to pay for the car i was pushed into, like some states that i know of and one is CALIF, cause we had that happen to use when we lived out there. We have already run up no heck of a hospital bill, four differant CAT-SCAN, two on each of us, they did my whole back and head on me, the wife thinks that they did the same on her.s plus the ambulance trip to the hospital.  so we are going to have to watch our selfs for a few days to make sure nothing is wrong and if any thing show up. Well here i am venting agian, so i hope that you all can put up with me on this one just needed to get off my chest so to speak,
you-all have a great day.

Offline Annie

• View Profile
Re: update on getting my new legs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 04:24:32 AM »
Really bad luck on that PLJ, though at least you and your wife are both ok and not more seriously hurt.  A slightly smaller vehicle, than the one that hit you, did the same to me in my car about 15 years back, turned out the guy wasn't insured and I lost my no claims.  I always find being without my car difficult, so know how you feel, feel free to vent. Take care of yourselves.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 05:11:09 AM »
Bad luck Jack! Glad to see you're on the mend though!
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 06:58:33 AM »
 :(  So sorry about your wreck yesterday...hopefully someone can take you to get your legs today.  I am just glad you or your wife weren't hurt bad.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »
cant go up today, have to stick around the house to take the calls from the insurance companies, and a least i know that the company that he worked for has insurance, how much i dont know an going to call and get a copy of the police report sent to me so that i can see and find out just how much i can do on my end and keep the ball rolling to get me a new or fixed set of wheels.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »
Sorry to hear about your wreck, Jack. Doesn't your insurance company provide a rental? Because the other guy was at fault, I would think his insurance would have to provide a rental. Also your car warranty may provide a rental. My new honda has coverage that gives me a rental up to $50/day at no cost to me. My ford pickups had the same coverage but it has expired now that the trucks are 5 years old. I live out in the country and could not get by one day without wheels. My youngest girl just totaled her 3 year old car - no insurance. The accident was her fault and since the car is my name, the bills are coming to me. At least you were not hurt. Hope everything returns to normal soon. Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
THANKS HERB, this being GOOD FRIDAY, just about everything is closed now and having to wit until monday to get anything going on this, and yes that guys insurance company is going to have to pay for everything including a rental, i personlly dont have that coverage on our car, wish now that i did have it, right now i am waiting for them to get it hauled down from TYLER to JACKSONVILLE, so that it dosent cost me storage fees, and i can go see how bad it is mess up, cant really do anything until his insurance company has there say about it, as far as i know at this time i will not be out any money for anything that is involved with this. well this just sabout covers every thing at this time, will keep you-all posted on what is going on.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 03:03:42 PM »
Happy you and your wife are OK...And I hope that black cloud over your head leaves !

Offline SusanN366

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Oy. It's rough to get stuff done on a holiday weekend, but it will go fast.  I'm glad you and your wife weren't seriously hurt.  I'm looking forward to the update on the new legs!
SusanN
Right AKA, 1972

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Glad to hear that you and your wife weren't seriously injured.  You are really going to be sore tomorrow!!!I hope you have heating pads and ice packs around, you might need them.  Hope you feel better soon.  Working with insurance companies is a horror story.  You pay and pay and pay, then when you have an accident they look for a reason not to cover it.    Annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »
Bummer.
Sounds like it'll total.
The good news. You were here to tell us.
Dealers are full of new cars.
PLJs are in short supply.

Try to enjoy the weekend.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »
PLJ, I hope you and your wife are feeling better.  Hopefully you're not too sore from the accident. 

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
Glad to hear you are ok.  the legs can wait for a bit. Who did they blame for the accident? Sounds like you are gonna be sore for a while be careful and take it easy.

Offline Ally

• RAK South Africa
    • View Profile
    • Personal RAK Website
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:31 AM »
Thinking of you PLJ, what a rotten thing to happen!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 09:34:20 AM »
Here is the latest on this mess, finialy got to see the car yesterday and it looks like it may be a total. is it is am going to try and force his insurance company to replace it, being the fact that they have admitted fault on this, and he was cited with the following items
1. failure to control speed
2. backed without safety(not sure what that means)
3. unsafe lane change.

The wife and i are okay so far, an like i told his insurance company that there may something show up in a couple of day, we dont know, the soreness is going away in my shoulders, and the wife say the same thing.

The only thing so far is that my old buddy PHANTOM has showed up and not much can be done about it, thing it is mostly nerves cause i am wound up tighter than a 10 day clock.