Author Topic: Harley's anyone?  (Read 5435 times)

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
Harley's anyone?
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:43:28 PM »
I bought a 2006 Harley Davidson 1200cc Sportster on Saturday! I'm having it modified to a trike and it will have a shift kit on the left handle bar and a braking set up so I don't have to use my right foot to apply the rear brake. I'm stoked and looking forward to riding. Golf clubs in a carrier on the back and I can travel to all the amputee tournaments in the US. Bike has only 6040 kms on it and I bought a second Sportster, 883 cc, 1998 model for my girlfriend as well. It has 15,000 kms on it and is a beauty as well. Head out on the highway....
pin-hi

Offline Kep

• View Profile
Re: Harley's anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:55:49 PM »
Sounds like you already "have your motor runnin".  Have fun and be careful pin-hi.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »
Hi David congrats on your new sportster. They were always my favorite Harleys. I was riding one when I lost my leg. Watch out for the other guy. Herb

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »
Congratulations!  Be seeing you out on the road -- I'll be the guy on the ancient black-and-orange Honda, two turning and four burning, and one fake leg sticking out in the breeze.  Stay safe!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »
Haven't a clue what you guys are talking about, ??? but have fun & please be safe.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 09:04:23 AM »
Ann, my friend they is talking about MOTORCYCLES, had one backin the early 50's a HARLEY, one of the first ones to have a hydralic front end, had fun with it and wrecked it a few times after having one to  many and road trips, there is nothing better than a HARLEY HOG, in motorcycles.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Jeff Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Jeff, I appreciate your interest and concern. Believe me, I am not entering into this conversion casually. I have done extensive research on trike kits, conversions and sure the Sporty is a smaller bike by Harley standards and this was also considered before buying. The conversion will be done with the appropriate kit. All safety considerations will be considered. I've been under a freight train and don't want to end up under a bus! Good point about the frame inspections. I'll be sure to have them check frame integrity when it is in for services.
pin-hi

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:19:23 PM »
Sorry,
Us Eurobike guys are all about the curves...

Offline Ally

• RAK South Africa
    • View Profile
    • Personal RAK Website
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
Ooooooooh I would KILL for a Harley trike!!!!  But so very expensive here....so it will always be just a pipe dream.

Send pics!!!!
 ;D
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »
dont have any pic's of the one i had, but the reason for being to expencive is that the HARLEY, is the CADILAC of motorcycles, dont know it this is still happening but there is a six to twelve month waiting list for one in JAPAN, and they are expensive up here also, loved to feel the wind in my face and the thrill and feel of it under me when i did get to ride her, but then agian who knows what will happen in the furture.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 12:08:43 PM »
I don't have a bike but my brother has a Harley.

Funny, when we were kids back in the 70's we both took the 'Yamaha Learn to Ride Program'. My little brother actually ran over the instructor.  :D
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 10:24:31 PM »
Harley-Davidson:
Converting gasoline into noise and pollution without the encumbrance of horsepower since 1903.

;D I keed, I keed!

It's all good, ride what you like.
I like to move swiftly, confidently, quietly,  and safely.
I wear full gear at all times. $900 riding suit, $200 boots, $50 gloves(with fingers), $400 helmet.
At dealer cost.
Yes, it is hot, and at times uncomfortable.
The prospect of eating through a straw is distasteful to me.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 06:05:44 AM »
Myself, I think my dream bike would be something either vintage-ish (60-70's), Harley, Moto Guzzi, Indian, BMW etc and or believe it or not I like bikes with sidecars. Always did, but with the amp I like the thought of not having to keep the bike up with my legs.

for example...

I just got to keep playing the lotto...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:17:30 AM by Steve C »
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »
Tried to post pics, said upload folder was full. Any ideas?
pin-hi