Author Topic: the dumb numscull did it agian  (Read 2593 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
the dumb numscull did it agian
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »
Only this time it is my left index finger, just got home from ER and six stiches in the end of it, they had to sew through my finger nail on two of thr stitches, same saw just  a differant finger, guess i will never learn, but what the heck you only live once, might as well make the best of it, although it is kind of hasrd to typ with you finger stuch up in the air hidinf the key board.
you-all have a great day.

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: the dumb numscull did it agian
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
Jack,

Good grief, are we going to have to come to Texas and take care of you, or better yet WATCH you every time you use your saw?  Do be more careful...don't want you to loose a finger. :) 

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:04:03 PM »
Jack, What kind of saw was it this time? Geese be careful mate!

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
Do you have a revolving account with the ER?  Do they greet you with your first name?  If you answer yes to these questions you'd better be more careful!  LOL annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:23:07 PM »
hey they want to name a room after me, and they do know me by my first name. it was the same saw and i was in a hurry to get some thing finished and wasnt paying attention close enough, but will be back out there working tommarrow morning, gots to get things finished up so that we can start eoad tripping agian, there are a lot of places down here i want to see before i finially have to quit driving. and i am not getting ay younger.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:17:25 AM »
Hello Jack - sorry to hear about your finger. Hope it heals completely, fast. Have you ever tried a radial arm saw. I think they are safer than table saws because you do not ever get your fingers close to the blade. I have several of them that I keep set up for doing different operations. You can often find them cheap on craig's list. I also have purchased them from auctions when companies are being liquidated. I only use my table saw for ripping. Stay safe! Herb

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
Careful Jack! Do that again and I'll will come over and give you a slap. ;)
I don't like saws. I use one the odd time but am seriously careful with it. I don't want to have any more of me lobbed off.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 01:26:37 AM »
Jack:

Did the saw come with manicuring instructions?   :)

Do you sterilize the saw blades?   ;)

Seriously, mate.  Heal up soon, and do be careful.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »
Unplug all the saws man and take a break.  Give that finger a chance to  heal and be more carefull with body parts heheehhe

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46:58 AM »
Stinker, Steve, and Dick,  the problem is i have to many projects going on and need the saws, have three tables and picture box in the works right now, and all of it is inlay work, and i know that sooner or later it is going to happen agian, no matter how carefull i am, in about 1/2 hour will be out there running my big saw this morning, need to get thr rest of the cedar cut up and the mess out of the car pourch, and then getting it trimed so thqtt it dosent take up a lot of room inside my shop.

And then i hace 6 more ship models that i need to complete my collection and have my model navy just about finished and then with my spare time i am helping the guys on the USS MIDWAY, find the manuals to restore the radioroom on her, for the yqrd birds did a number on her when she was decommissioned.

So thanks for your concern, and i will really try and keep them out of harms way for at least a year or more

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
Jack:

Good for you.  All those neat projects.  I, too, like to work in my shop - but I'm not as versatile or busy as you.  The radioroom project sounds interesting.  Many, many moons ago, I was a ham radio operator (W1NVQ), but technology has changed SO much in recent years, I've been left in the dust.

My last project was twin tool chests clad in wood to make them suitable as furniture indoors.  Next project will probably be a TV stand with storage underneath.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »
Steve and all the rest of you great people ou there, i am doing all of this to keep busy, if i was to spend all my waking hours on here or watching tv, i feel that in about six to eight months i would be sprouting up dasiys or have gone completely bonckers and wind up in a mental hospital some where. Just got the stiches out this morning and the finger dont look all that bad, just another scar, and that finger has been hit three times now and i can honesty say that it will happen agian, it is just the type of work being done. and i will really try and get a pic or twon on here of my work.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »
Just  a quick update, have gotten the stiches out and am not wearing a cover on it now and is healling up real good, at least i can type with it now.

And yes i am back out in myshop working and doing the same type of work as before.  Just watching my self a little more and paying attention to where my hands are at when running my saws.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »
Do you have the ER number on speed dial?  Just kidding.  Hope you are healing well and be VERY careful around sharp tools!  Annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »
Anne, dont need it on speed dial, we live roughly about 3/4 mile from the hospital down here. and the wife drives me if it is to bad if not i drive myself.