Author Topic: Stan's vacuum system !!  (Read 4778 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stan's vacuum system !!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
Ann, no i havent gone to OHIO, my CPO for some reason has a good relationship with OWW. and can call and get fast answers to a persons questions almost with in minutes. Saw him agian friday and had my legs maped out for my test sockets the are supposed to be ready  next thrusday, have my new liners now and he has me wearing them for 1hour every day, so that i can get used to the tight fit that comes with the vacuumn system i am going to use, and that is the LIMB LOGIC, and the person running the machine making my  sockets has done this one before and knows how they must fit inorder to work. Have found out one thing it take longer to get the new liners on than my old ones.

Will keep you all posted on how my next appointment goes, just maybe wearing my test sockets home with me, he told me that it may be possible, and that would be a first for me, in all the legs i have made have never had to wear my test sockets at all.
you-all have a great day.

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »
Are you on Alpha liners jack? OWW have recently changed their Alpha MAX liner and somewhere along the way their customer service seems to have taken a dive! I seem to have to wait a lot longer for Alphas these days!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »
what he has me wearing for one hour every day is one of the following  and will discribe them, the are a 6 mm, darkgreen on the back side on a off white on the front side, the off white is the thickest part, dont want to wake up the wife to go in and get the name off the liners for they are in the master bath right now, but they are one of the following ALPHA ORIGINAL, SPIRIT, MAX, P-POD, OR DESIGN, they are the ones that they use in thier LIMB LOGIC set up, right now i have a lot of fun getting them on for they are tight, but sure feel good, hate to take them off cause they have cut down on the phantoms that i have been having. and warm my stumps up so that they feel real good.
My CPO,  for some reason keeps a real good stock of all the OWW, liners on hand, he said that he has all four at the shop now and that is the amount that i need. The vaccumn units should be in this week, he wants to have them on the test socket for me to try out, and that is coming up THURSDAY afternoon, he didnt say if he had my feet in or not, am going with the RENEGADE foot this time, hopefully it will give me better control of my walking on rough and uneven ground.

Can say one thing i sure hated to take them off last night, but i will do as i am told, had a set of the ALPHA MAX 6mm's and didnt really like them, but then agian my sockets did not fit 100% total contack and i wore hole in them real fast, he warned me not to let wringles in these new ones for the wringle would stay as a crease and does not come out.

One of the main reasons i am getting new legs now is the fact i donnot(rpt) donnot trust our GOV, on this universal health system, am a fraid that DME equipment will get left out and we have to pay for the whole thing, and the other is that the sockets i have now do not fit and i am walking on the end of my stump quit a bit, couple of times have taken off my liner to find that the end of the liner is all red from blood.

If you have anyother question fire away and i will try and answer them for you.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »
Hello Jack - I would be real worried about seeing blood in the bottom of my liner. That is how my current problem started. I kept on wearing my leg and soon I had an infection that has had me on crutches for the last 2 months. My prosthetist thinks that the liners can harbor bacteria. He suggested that I throw mine out and buy new ones. Good luck with your new sockets and vacuum system. Herb

Offline Minerva

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »
Are you on Alpha liners jack? OWW have recently changed their Alpha MAX liner and somewhere along the way their customer service seems to have taken a dive! I seem to have to wait a lot longer for Alphas these days!

I'm just wondering if you ever received my PM to you about this?  ???

It's about time people started voting with their feet (if you'll excuse the pun) with OWW customer service IMHO. I'm trying the Alps Cushion liner now ... only problem is that I have to be recast again. 

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 09:51:27 AM »
The liner he has me wearing for one hour a day right now is the Alpha ORIGINAL, tapered, and for some reason he dosnot have any problems getting them in a hurry if need.

Herb, what cause me to have blood in the bottom of my liner that time and one other time is i have developed a big clause on the bottom edge of my stump and it sum time rips off, and bleeds.

Minerva, have an appointment Thursday and will ask him about the ALPH CUSHION  liner, for this i do know he stays up on all of the new stuff coming out and if he doesn't know he calls them and has them explain it to him.

Offline Minerva

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:32 AM »
I have the Alpha original on one side too, Jack. There's no problem with them ... apart from the fact that they wear out so quickly!  >:(

No, it's the ALPS (not alpha) liner I'm moving on to.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 09:36:01 AM »
Here is an update on my new legs, got to wear them for about 20 mins last thursday and am going back next thrusday the 9 of APRIL, and have been told that i would get to test drive my legs for a week, using the test socket and the two new liners, one inner liner and a seal liner on the out side, they dont have the vacumn unit on them yet, but the outer liner is tight enough to hold my legs on, there was a couple of bad spots on the sockets and he is going to remake them and make the changes that i requested because of tight spots occuring on the back of my legs and on the right side where i had the bone spur cut off lasts year.