Author Topic: Knees  (Read 15023 times)

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
Re: Knees
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 05:02:28 AM »
Hi: Is there a particular foot that works best with the Plie knee?  I'm considering getting one of these knees, but have never used microprocessor technology...or anything even close to this level of sophistication!  But I've been falling a lot (RAK for 50+ years) and my prosthetist thinks it will be safer.

So the Plie needs servicing every six months, is that right?  And can it be used with a cosmetic cover?

Thanks!  Myffanwy   :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »
this is old PEGLEG, putting a dasher on the knee, you may want to check and make sure if you use a differant foot than what they manufacture the warranty my not be any good. I know OTTO BAUK is that way on thiere C-leg.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 10:21:39 AM »
Hi, Myffany

You can wear any foot you want with the Plie' knee, but I wear the Freedom Runway (adjustable heel foot).  It's the most natural walking foot I've worn with a good amount of energy. But everyone is different, so I would encourage you to try a few different ones. As for warranty servicing, I believe it's once a year now (12 and 24 months), and they send you a loaner. 
"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »
Robogirl, thanks for the update on that knee, did want some one to get it and thier foot and find out that the warranty was no gook.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 05:45:55 PM »
Hey there sounds like you need to take a baseball bat with you the next time that you have an appointment and do a little attitude adjustment, sounds like this guy is a complete moron when it comes to making sockets, keep after him and make him do it right.

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 01:22:23 PM »
Hi, Myffany

I swear I saw another response from you asking me about wearing the Plie' with a cosmetic cover, but my computer went down and now that I'm back online it seems to have disappeared!  ???    Anyway, yes, I wear mine with a full foam cosmetic cover.  It's actually easier to cover than my C-leg was. 

You might talk to your prosthetist about a conference for practitioners that is being held in Canada in a couple weeks.  Freedom Innnovations, who makes the knee, will be there.  I'm sorry I can't give you more info, I just heard that in passing from a sales rep who was in my prosthetist's office since he is attending it. 

I've been on the knee probably longer than anyone, since I beta tested it before it was released.  It's going on 2 years now, and I still love it!  Let me know if you have any more questions.
"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 04:21:32 AM »
Thanks, Robogirl.  Um, yeah, I did have another post...you're sharp for noticing it missing.  Thought I said something I shouldn't...maybe deleted too late. 

However, I really appreciate your info re: the Plie.  I am probably moving over to another prosthetist first though: having trouble with socket fitting, but I think I've figured out who to go to, and now it's start over time and the knee will have to wait for the time being.  Gotta get that socket right first!   :)

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »
Try the Endolite KX06, its an awesome knee thats won loads of design awards, and it has a 3 year warranty on the housing and cylinder!