Author Topic: Amber our puppy!  (Read 6519 times)

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
Re: Amber our puppy!
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:58 AM »
Thanks Ann! Oh Yeah they have all kinds to choose from. It was a ruff call. It was between Amber or another dog we liked.  Amber won our hearts! Shelter dogs are good. And need a loving home. She has no issues as of yet and is 100% housebroken! Sometime take a look at your local shelters. But be prepared to have your heart melt when you see the wonderful dogs! :)

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 01:27:05 PM »
Snowbear, Amber's beautiful!   Thank you for adopting a rescue/shelter dog.   :)

Animal shelters have many pure bred dogs/cats and other wonderful dogs/cats but a lot of people don't consider adopting from a shelter because they are under the mistaken perception that the animals are there because of poor/bad behavior.  Most animals at an animal shelter are there through no fault of their own.  Most are strays and owner surrenders due to moving or divorce, or they just can't afford the pet.  I always recommend adopting from an animal shelter or a breed specific rescue group.  Adopted animals are grateful for the new opportunity to be loved in a good home and in return they give back ten times the love.   :) 
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
Snowbear, Amber's beautiful!   Thank you for adopting a rescue/shelter dog.   :)

Animal shelters have many pure bred dogs/cats and other wonderful dogs/cats but a lot of people don't consider adopting from a shelter because they are under the mistaken perception that the animals are there because of poor/bad behavior.  Most animals at an animal shelter are there through no fault of their own.  Most are strays and owner surrenders due to moving or divorce, or they just can't afford the pet.  I always recommend adopting from an animal shelter or a breed specific rescue group.  Adopted animals are grateful for the new opportunity to be loved in a good home and in return they give back ten times the love.   :) 

Thanks Mitchee, This is our sweet Rusty who had eye cancer the same time I lost my left leg he lost his left eye. Lucky his cancer never came back. He was 2 when we adopted him. He was abused, scared, neglected and had only 1 day left before they were to put him down. We had him 13 years and he was 15 when he lost full muscle control of his bowls. He later went blind in his only eye and could not here. We did all we could to help him. But toward the end he was suffering. He went to the Rainbow Bride on 11/25/08. We miss him quite a bit, but have enough love in our hearts to love another animal and give them a home.

We are huge believers in adopting shelter animals. They make the best pets.

Rusty 1993-2008

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »
I toast Rusty and his memory.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »
I've have never had to have a dog put down per say. My childhood dog, a mixed breed beagle/basset from the pound named Louie, was put down after old age had made his life near impossible. He was living with my mother at the time and she didn't have the heart to tell me until a few weeks after. At the time I was living in California and herself and Louie were in Colorado. It hit me pretty hard.

My dog Millie is only 3 but I dread if anything were ever to happen to her.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:02 AM »
I toast Rusty and his memory.

Why Thanks! That is so cool! :)

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17:15 AM »
I've have never had to have a dog put down per say. My childhood dog, a mixed breed beagle/basset from the pound named Louie, was put down after old age had made his life near impossible. He was living with my mother at the time and she didn't have the heart to tell me until a few weeks after. At the time I was living in California and herself and Louie were in Colorado. It hit me pretty hard.

My dog Millie is only 3 but I dread if anything were ever to happen to her.

Believe me Steve its rely hard. We stayed with Rusty while he went to dog heaven, I held him close and told him what a good boy he is. I thanked him for his love and friendship and his sloppy kisses. Kissed him good by. Within seconds after the injection our sweet boy was out of pain and gone. The Vet had to let us a side door as mu husband and I were crying and grief stricken and did not want the other clients in the waiting room to see us. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

I have his colcar over my bed post. We had him cremated and have his ashes in a special urn. I miss this dog so much. Amber is cool and we do love her.Just like each person each dog has their own personalty. Amber is  little sassy!  Rusty was as sweet as he could be, Amber is sweet too!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »
hey snow your dog millie is old enough to drink in a bar with you, they age 7 to 1.
you-all have a great day.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »
Jack, Amber is not 1 year old yet. But she's almost ready!