Author Topic: VIT- D  (Read 3739 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VIT- D
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:47 AM »
Has any one heard that if you are low on vit-d that the PHANTOMS could come on you, am researching this out a little more but read it in my VFW magazine this months issue, and it said that being low and by taking it, that it could slow or eliminate those PHANTOMS for us,
you-all have a great day.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: VIT- D
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:42:24 AM »
Hello Jack - that may be true for some people. I have heard that a lack of vitamin D causes all kinds of problems. I have taken 1000 IUs daily for years and am outside in the sun every day, but still have phantom pain way too often. Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »
Thanks Herb, those are the kind of answers that i am looking for, am going to try and get a hold of the doc that did the research on it, he was listed in the articile.

P.S. Been so dang busy here lately havent had much time to be on and do any research. But then got my HONEY DO list down to 9 items so i must be doing something right.

Offline Minerva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:23:23 PM »
Hi Jack

I don't think you'll be short of things to read, as it's a well researched area ... I think it's supposed to be good for diabetic neuropathy too?

If you want more information then Google 'vitamin D deficiency' and 'neuropathic pain'. I think you'll find you'll get quite a few hits.

Sue :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »
THANKS SUE,

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:30:34 AM »
Has any one heard that if you are low on vit-d that the PHANTOMS could come on you, am researching this out a little more but read it in my VFW magazine this months issue, and it said that being low and by taking it, that it could slow or eliminate those PHANTOMS for us,

Hi PLJ

I haven't heard about vit-D and Phantoms, however, have read about Vit D being good for a whole host of other things, and do myself, in the winter months usually take this.
I would have thought you may be better with Vit - B though out of all the vitamins for phantoms.  Initially after my recent revision I was taking a homeopathic remedy of Hypericum which I was told was particularly good for nerve healing, unfortunately though I changed hospitals and left it behind, and did have a spell of neuritis, and as soon as I was back home did put myself on this for a short while,  this has more or less resolved itself now.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »
Annie, sorry to say this but havent had much time to do any research on this subject, am haveing some major problems in other matters and trying to get some of the HONEY DO'S done, just had to add another one to the list this morning that i had forgotten about, and that is making a cedar display case for my grandsons remains, plus getting some other thing done and having to pull some old financial records out and find the need information in them.

But is was a guy by the name of STEWART B. LEAVITT, in his book PAIN TREATMENT TOPICS, got that out of my VFW MAG, that is laying open on my desk in front of me as i type this out, and am having my first cup of coffee, running a little late to day for it is almost 9:00 our time and usually by that time i am already out in the shop working.

VIT-B is another one i need to read up on if i can ever get a spare moment or two to do it.

So will try and do this and post what i find out on here.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »
I didn't know there was a connection. Way back when, in Catholic school, we had to stand before a bright light for a few minutes per day as vitamin D is produced when exposed to sunlight. You can now buy these lamps in Pharmacy's though I don't know the cost. Or you can just go stand out in the sunshine. It's still free until O Bammy finds a way to tax it.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com