Author Topic: I'm still alive!  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
I'm still alive!
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »
Whoo hoo!  Raise your hands, who had the flu this year?

It was a doozy...

But I'm back and feeling much, much better.

My total weight loss to date:  27# !!  I can attribute at least 3# of this to being very sick!
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: I'm still alive!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »
Yep >:(   count me in on having the flu & spending four days in the hospital.   You are right.....it was a doozy.

I had the shot also....but guess they goofed....wrong strain...well isn't that just great!!!   Cost the insurance & over a thousand bucks from me....not counting the doctors fees...Ok guess I'm done whining now.

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »
Ann, I always wondered how a person could get dehydrated.  All you gots to do is drink water, right???  WRONG.

Everytime I would take even a sip of water, I'd have to run to the bathroom and up it would come.  No fun at all!!!!

Sheesh.  For a week I was afraid to eat or drink something.  It was so bad I even asked my husband if he'd poisoned me!  Too much detective TV, I suppose.
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Offline ginger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »
So glad that you both are feeling better.  We have had the respiratory flu in the area I live.  My daughter had it for over 2 weeks and now my husband has it.  They can keep it.
Congrats  on all the weight that you have lost.  Can you loose some of mine for me? ha ha.
I lost 80 lbs. when I got sick before my amp.  Gained about 15 back, but starting to loose some of that again now that I am more active.  Keep in touch
Ginger
Ginger Henneberger
38 YO  Strykersville, NY
injury 8/28/02
R AKA 8/07
Still recovering, but doing great

Offline pbutler9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »
I had it too.  Temp of 102.9 for 4 days - then my lungs started to hurt.  It took several days before the doctor's receptionist would schedule an appointment (she kept saying it was only the flu).  Nope - it was bronchitis.  They were telling me a work that I sounded like Mickey Mouse for several weeks!
Pam
Downingtown, Pa