Author Topic: Introducing myself (my brother is a recent AKA)  (Read 9186 times)

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing myself (my brother is a recent AKA)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 04:51:32 AM »
Ann,

When I ride a bike I have my prosthetic foot in a toe clip. My saddle is also fairly high up. This means that if I were to try to put my prosthetic foot down onto the floor when trying to stop before my real foot there would be one of two consequences: either

(a) the foot would not come out of the toe clip and I'd fall over onto the right hand side with my foot stuck in the pedal; or

(b) I would be able to get the foot out but in trying to put it down would end up doing some severe damage to my nether regions on the cross bar.

I somehow feel as if you may be victimising me.

I have had enough of both of you now and of this forum and am signing off for good.

Up with Obama and down with ignorance and bare stupidity.

WOW! Don't go Fi, you are the most insirational characters on here, it would be a far less valuable place for the rest of us if you weren't here. I haven't seen where anyone has victimised you. But then I don't study every post. Please rise above anything any individual has said and 'fight' them or ignore them, don't stop being of value to others because of one or two idiots, if that's what's happened.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
Fi, please don't go!  I enjoy reading your posts.  Your posts are knowledgeable and articulate.  I agree with OBL, it would be a far less valuable place for the rest of us if you weren't here.   :(

Michelle
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

snowbear

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »
Just because some people support McCain dose not mean they are ignorant. We all have our views of  personal choices.  That is why we have a choice of 2 presidential candidates.We are all different some people are overly sensitive. we can't all confirm to one way or another that's sad but the way it is.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
Ann,

When I ride a bike I have my prosthetic foot in a toe clip. My saddle is also fairly high up. This means that if I were to try to put my prosthetic foot down onto the floor when trying to stop before my real foot there would be one of two consequences: either

(a) the foot would not come out of the toe clip and I'd fall over onto the right hand side with my foot stuck in the pedal; or

(b) I would be able to get the foot out but in trying to put it down would end up doing some severe damage to my nether regions on the cross bar.

I somehow feel as if you may be victimising me.

I have had enough of both of you now and of this forum and am signing off for good.

Up with Obama and down with ignorance and bare stupidity.
[/quote

Fi, if you are talking about something I said, I apologize.  I was not victimising you. I remember someone talking about riding & thought it was you.  That's all!  And I certainly was not trying to make you unhappy....please don't go   :(  I don't know what else to say to you ....you have some of the best knowledge for new amputees and know just how to put it into words.  Just like your last post to the new amputee.  Myff & OneBlueLeg help me out here....or if nothing else I will not post anymore because I certainly do not know what it was I said to cause this...I do not know near as much to help out new or older amps. {as far as that goes}.  Fi does.

:( ann

snowbear

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
I do not see anything in Ann's post as to why you should feel this way. This presidental election has gotten of hand. We all have our opnions and views. BUT we are also here to help each other with our amputation and prosthetics questions. Don't let the views and opnions of others send you away. We are all still im the same boat here.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »
Well, guess I must have scared everyone away....you know its really hard trying to talk to yourself......but I can do that too!!   ;)

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 06:28:45 PM »
Nah, I'm here, ann!  I do think we got a tad off topic though!  And I'm sure our dear Fi will be back to grace our halls.  This darn election is causing TOO MUCH STRESS!  But it will be over soon and we'll go back to our extraordinary lives! 

God bless y'all!   8)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »
I think I missed something? Fiona are you really leaving? I had hoped to catch up with you. So much time has passed. Are the wedding pictures on line?
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com