Author Topic: EGGS  (Read 7149 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
EGGS
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
Hi to all, just read on my computer that eggs are good for you again, will try and copy and post it on here before they take if off.

Differant subject, had an small operation done on my ears yesterday and WOW what a difference it has made with my hearing, for some reason and we haven't found out yet my ears behind my ear drums filled up with water and after he drained them i can here things that i couldn't for the last few weeks. my head felt like it was in a bucket all the time.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: EGGS
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:53:01 AM »
pardon?

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
Heeheehee, OBL!

PLJ, I thought: EGGS...what's that an acronym for?  And how'd that water get in there????  Ahh, is the weather still good enough for that pool of yours? 

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:09 PM »
Here is the URL for it

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/cholesterol/articlepage.aspx?cp- documentid=100216117>1-31007
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:57:44 PM by pegleg jack »

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:51:05 PM »
Hi Peg leg Jack - I have always liked eggs. I have at least 3 jumbo eggs with my breakfast every day although I have been reading for years that you should only have 3 per week. Do not have to feel guilty now? Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 08:57:24 AM »
Miff, the doc is not sure on the water behind my ear drums, wants to find out if it comes back on me,  then we will start running test and put a drain tube in my eardrums.

And yes the water in my pool is still at 82 degrees and hold ing all though i havent been getting in there for i do not like to swim alone.

Hearb, have a news letter from a Doc name DOUGLAS on eggs and will down load it and email it to you, and i am a bacon and eggs man my self and i dont worry about my cholesterol or my blood pressure any more. will explain in my email to you.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 02:02:10 PM »
Boy, PLJ, if I could, I'd certainly come and swim with you...with your wife's permission of course!   ;)  I'm dying for a pool of my own.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
Here's an interesting piece on cleaning up EGGS:

CAN COLD WATER CLEAN DISHES?

This is for all the germ-conscious folks that worry about using cold water to clean.

John went to visit his 90-year-old grandfather in a very secluded rural area. After spending a great evening chatting the night away, John's grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast.

However, John noticed a film-like substance on his plate, and asked his grandfather, "Are these plates clean?"

His grandfather replied, "They're as clean as cold water can get 'em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!"

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, "Are you sure these plates are clean?"

Without looking up the old man said, "I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret; I don't want to hear another word about It!"

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.

John yelled, "Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car."

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted, "COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN NOW, YAH HEAR ME!"
 :P

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »
Myffanwy,
Coldwater... too funny.   I've heard that before but it's still funny!    ;D

Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline edward

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 02:38:13 AM »
Eggs are very useful. It is best for health we can eat daily at morning with boiled it can give energy.
Edward Eaton

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »
Edward, that is very true.

Mitchee and Miffanwy, i read somewhere that a cold water shower is better for you than a hot one, they say by using hot water it causes the chorline to enter you body, I know this is a bit off topic.

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
Hi Pegleg - maybe down in the tropics where you live, you can take cold showers. Up here in NH we only have a few months a year when we might be able to take a cold shower but even in the summer I like my showers hot. I have a well so I do not have to worry about chlorine. I have 2 dogs who frequently get leftovers on dinner plates. I sometimes tell my guests that my dogs do such a good job cleaning up the plates that I do not even have to run them through the dishwasher. Jack You have a good day. I am loading hay in the hay loft today so I expect to be sore tonight. Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
Herb, is that bales or loose hay that you are handling?

And with a well you don't have to worry about choline or fluoride either.

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »
Hi Peg - I use what are commonly called square bales ( although they are actually rectangular) They weight 40-50 lbs each. I use 800 or so per year. Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
HERB, hope that you have a big bacon and eggs with toast for breakfast.

And i have stacked many of those type of bales, was raised in the northeastern part of WYOMING and western SOUTHDAKOTA. And a stack of them there was usually 2000, to a stack and we would put up sometimes 3 stacks a day, depending on how good the hay crop was. did this until they come up with the automatic bale stacker and then we lost our jobs,