Author Topic: VP Debate  (Read 37809 times)

Offline Ervin56

• View Profile
Re: VP Debate
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 03:03:32 AM »
I thought the debate was revealing, but I can't give my most valued American possession (a vote), to the girls that wink at ME (I was here watching, and I am POSITIVE that it was ME she winked at !!!), so I've been investigatin'. The media hasen't made up their mind about her, and parts of it has tried to put it to her over her brother-in-law and after diggin' around, I'm of the opinion that Wooten has always been a piece of crap. Go to http://www.adn.com/front/story/476430.html and you can read it for yourself. Also, lots of links off of "Sarah Palin" leads me to believe that she's as close to being "one of us" as it gets, pardon the pun.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »
No Miff, it is not agianst the law to be a muslum, but when they change the laws of the country that they have gotten into power to go along with the KORAN, That they beleive in, thats when they start walking up my backside and i get just a little peeved. And that is what is happening over there from what i have heard and read.

Dont get me wrong, i dont look down on anybody, they are free to practice what ever religion they want but dont try to force it on me.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »
from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22767392/

Obama sets record straight on his religion
Presidential candidate battles misconception that he's a Muslim

Obama: "I've been to the same church _ the same Christian church _ for almost 20 years," Obama said, stressing the word Christian and drawing cheers from the faithful in reply. "I was sworn in with my hand on the family Bible. Whenever I'm in the United States Senate, I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. So if you get some silly e-mail ... send it back to whoever sent it and tell them this is all crazy. Educate."

"His father and stepfather were Muslim. And he spent part of his childhood in Indonesia, a largely Muslim country. But he attended secular and Catholic schools, not a radical madrassa."

"His campaign has been pushing back against the false rumors all year. His aides decried an incorrect news report that Obama was educated in a Muslim madrassa and a section of his Web site is devoted to correct that and other false rumors circulating on the Internet."

~

If people want to dislike someone, fair enough. Dislike someone for what is true, not frabricated in order to try and win an election.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »
hello Jack - there have been many false rumors about Obama's religion. His Father was a muslim but left Obama's family  when Barak was only 2 years old. He was then raised by his christian mother and grandparents. The Islam religion is no worse than the christian religion. Worldwide there are equal numbers of christians and muslims. The vast majority of both religions are hard working, good people. Terrorists come from both faiths. Timothy Mcveigh, the Oklahoma Courthouse bomber was a roman catholic. So was hitler. it is not logical to exclude huge groups of people based on religious beliefs or their race. Herb

snowbear

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »
Herb, What makes you think you are reading the truth?  He is a crook and very scary we do not need him or want him as our president. He is a lier too.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »
Hi Snowbear - I am not advocating obama for president. I just hate to see anybody attacked for things such as religion or racial prejudice. I was not aware that he is a crook. How is he a crook?  Herb
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:16:51 PM by herb »

snowbear

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
I just go by my gut feelings. At first I thought he was good, But as time went on and I heard him speak and what he stands for I quickly changed my mind. No one is attacking him just expressing truths and concerns. If he sounds like a rat, looks like rat chances are he's a rat. :)

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »
Oh, dear..... ::) ::)

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 03:27:41 AM »
He is a crook and very scary we do not need him or want him as our president. He is a lier too.

Nice that you're so balanced in your 'arguments'.... ;D

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 03:34:07 AM »
Snowbear, i posted this somewhere thought it was on here, but the EU has found out the OBAMA types are ruining thier countries real fast now that they have gotten the MUSLUM'S in power, SWEDEN is one that has and i do believe that FRANCE, is another.

I dont care if he says that he is a CHRISTEN, HE went to school and was raise in a MUSLUM; school. And from what i am told you cannot change once you have become a muslum,

Not only will we be screwed, but stewed and tatooed along with it.

From watching the news and campain of them, he has really scared the H--- out of me,

WOW!.... you really have no idea how you look to the rest of the world... I thought this thread was a reasoned debate about the Vice Presidency, but this is just ridiculous, no wonder the rest of the world think the average American is poorly educated!

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 03:53:14 AM »
I hadn't paid too much attention to it all until now, but this link is the best entertainment I've had for ages.... she wouldn't even qualify to be a local councillor in England... ;D

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&q=Katie+Couric+Sarah+Palin+interview&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=5&ct=title#

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 04:28:59 AM »
Thanks, OBL.  I hadn't seen the whole SNL piece...what a riot!

Did anyone watch the 2nd presidential debate tonight...or last night?  A bit of a ho-hum, eh?  A few of the citizens on stage were dozing off....lol.  Well, there's only two to choose from...but, what is it, 20-some days until voting day!  Do you think there's time for McCain to replace Palin? 

We "up here" are voting next Tuesday for the top job.  Fellow Canucks, please get out and vote!

Oh, and PLJ, you know I love ya!   ;)

snowbear

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 06:46:51 AM »
Snowbear, i posted this somewhere thought it was on here, but the EU has found out the OBAMA types are ruining thier countries real fast now that they have gotten the MUSLUM'S in power, SWEDEN is one that has and i do believe that FRANCE, is another.

I dont care if he says that he is a CHRISTEN, HE went to school and was raise in a MUSLUM; school. And from what i am told you cannot change once you have become a muslum,

From watching the news and campain of them, he has really scared the H--- out of me,

WOW!.... you really have no idea how you look to the rest of the world... I thought this thread was a reasoned debate about the Vice Presidency, but this is just ridiculous, no wonder the rest of the world think the average American is poorly educate

Whatever! have a good day!

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »

WOW!.... you really have no idea how you look to the rest of the world... I thought this thread was a reasoned debate about the Vice Presidency, but this is just ridiculous, no wonder the rest of the world think the average American is poorly educate

Whatever! have a good day!

;D

And you sir... ;)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
Oneblueleg, what i posted is what i have read and seen and it is just my opinion and not everyone else's.

Dont get me wrong for i am going to vote, matter in fact our ballots are on the way. here in TEXAS , with me being disabled i can vote from my home and dont have to go out to a voting place to vote.

And i like the way that you are straight forth with you answers, and i know that this thread has gotten a tad off of the subject. but then agian thats politics for you.
you-all have a great day.