Author Topic: VP Debate  (Read 37821 times)

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: VP Debate
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »
Hi Ann - John McCain has already had 4 bouts of melanoma. His last one resulted in removal of lymph nodes and glands in his face and neck neck. A lot of doctors worry that it is more serious than he is letting on and it will be untreatable when it returns. I wish him the best, but it is a real concern considering how demanding and stressful being president is. I was hoping he would choose Mitt Romney or Tom Ridge as vp. I think his choice will be his downfall. Herb

Offline SusanN366

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
Hi Ann - John McCain has already had 4 bouts of melanoma. His last one resulted in removal of lymph nodes and glands in his face and neck neck. A lot of doctors worry that it is more serious than he is letting on and it will be untreatable when it returns. I wish him the best, but it is a real concern considering how demanding and stressful being president is. I think his choice will be his downfall. Herb

What Herb said.  I've very pro-Obama, but I respected McCain and would not have freaked about him being elected until he chose Palin as VP. 
SusanN
Right AKA, 1972

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Myffanwy ,
You just don't understand the process. The Vice president is a pretty easy Gig and has really no influence at all over the administration. She will preside over the Senate and vote only to break a tie. Certify the vote of the Electoral College and assume the Presidency in the event the existing president becomes incapacitated, impeached or resigns. When was the last time you saw Dick Cheney? Most people wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up.

The president has more authority. Specially when it comes to waging war. I would rather have a man who knows what war is like then some frivolous pretender. No one likes war but I say if you're in it then win it. Who would be more understanding to our veterans? The man who waited 5 long years in a Hanoi prison or a guy who has never worn a unifrorm? A little skin cancer is no reason to jump ship. I would rather dig Ronald Reagan up and vote for him than ever even consider voting for OBammy.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

snowbear

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 10:28:08 PM »
Myffanwy ,
You just don't understand the process. The Vice president is a pretty easy Gig and has really no influence at all over the administration. She will preside over the Senate and vote only to break a tie. Certify the vote of the Electoral College and assume the Presidency in the event the existing president becomes incapacitated, impeached or resigns. When was the last time you saw Dick Cheney? Most people wouldn't be able to pick him out of a line up.

The president has more authority. Specially when it comes to waging war. I would rather have a man who knows what war is like then some frivolous pretender. No one likes war but I say if you're in it then win it. Who would be more understanding to our veterans? The man who waited 5 long years in a Hanoi prison or a guy who has never worn a unifrorm? A little skin cancer is no reason to jump ship. I would rather dig Ronald Reagan up and vote for him than ever even consider voting for OBammy.

Good point Joe!!

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 01:26:45 AM »
Okay, the fact is 72 is old for most jobs...it is whether you like it or not...and the job of president of the United States is an extremely demanding and exacting one, and he would be just starting this job at 72.  I hadn't even heard about his melanoma episodes.  I think statistics would show that most people with one bout of melanoma do not survive, let alone how many??  So he's old and already weakened by cancer, weakened by his wartime trauma, and though I have sympathy for his war experience, does that really entitle...entitle him to run your country?  Lots of Americans went to war, lots of soldiers suffered terrible torture, but are they all entitled to run your country?  I'm sorry, yes, be grateful to him for fulfilling his patriotic duty, but does this really  qualify him for the job?

So McCain is old and quite possibly facing terminal illness.  So that brings me to Gov.Palin: I agree that Sarah Palin did "better than expected", but is that really good enough?  Is the American public so shallow and so Hollywood-ized that they can't see past a beauty queen smile and flirty winks?  Do you really want someone, that close to the president's position, just learning on the job?  And I absolutely do not agree that the VP's role is minimal.  It used to be...not now.  Just because you haven't seen Cheney around for awhile doesn't mean he's not behind the scenes running the show with his cronies.  And on that point, it seems to me that they've left George W. just hung out to dry.  Have you seen Cheney around sticking up for the president now that George is in shit up to his eyebrows? 

Look, someone else had to be running the show: George W. Bush repeatedly...I mean over and over and over showed himself to be not the brightest bulb in the pack.  So who was running things?  George?  No way.  And why is he so disliked now?  Why?  Why have so many people finally...finally turned on him?  Because they know he's a puppet, not bright enough for the job, and under his administration the United States is on the brink of financial collapse...and the U.S. is taking a large part of the rest of the world with them. 

Bush got into office illegally to begin with, and for his second term?  Why on earth did so many Americans vote him back in??  His administration has spent trillions of dollars on an illegal war, and now that the U.S. is deeply in debt because of the war, out of desperation yet more billions of dollars are being put out there (from where???) to rectify yet more wrongs instigated by this government.  Do you remember when George told you all to go out and spend, spend, spend after 9/11?  Can you hear the house of cards collapsing around your ears???

Good God, wake up America and vote for someone...for a team who already knows the ropes, who can think!  The United States of America sadly used to be the greatest country in the world.  It desperately needs some repair work to improve its standing in world view and pull its fiscal collapse back from the brink.  It's too grand a country to be a joke.

And, Joe, I do know how the U.S. govt works: I have a B.A. in political science...obtained from a U.S. university, and...one thing else: I really think calling Obama names, regardless of whether you like him or not, makes you sound small-minded and mean. 

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 05:28:11 AM »
You will need nearly 3 hours, but watch this... then all that stuff about who 'runs' America pales into insignificance...

http://www.edgemediatv.com/article001_icke.html

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »
You made some very good points, Myffanwy. Before anyone says something I would not think of what she said as America bashing, not at all but rather pointing out a few things. I am American born myself and even though I don't live anymore I do love America and I would like to see it get back on track.
When I mentioned McCain before, I never even knew he had melanoma. I was referring to his age. People can live brilliant and rewarding lives into their 80, 90's etc but if I were to picture taking a strong person of 72 from my village and giving them the pressure of a presidency  I cannot imagine a healthy outcome.

Herb, I assumed that was the reason. I had hoped not though. Disappointing.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

snowbear

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »
McCain did have  cancer that has nothing to do with his qualifications as a president. Who cares? people look at me and see I limp so what. It dose not identify me, nor should McCain's face. Obama has big ears! so what. :)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
I think the point was that the president needs to physically able to hold the office without the probable reoccurrence of previous serious health problems. They need to be able to physically handle the severe pressures of the job.
If he is out of action Palin is in charge. Can you picture her talking nuclear missiles with President Medvedev?
Scars, limps, big ears, rashes or warts mean nothing. 
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

snowbear

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 01:27:06 PM »
Many people are judging an underestimating Palin give her a Chance. The media has been very unfair and are ripping her apart. And pushing Obama on us. think for ourselves and not let media hype try to brain wash us. :)

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
Hi Snowbear - did you listen to the Sarah Palin interviews wish Charles Gibson and Katie Couric. If she can't stand up to Katie Couric, how could she stand up for us against world leaders. If you didn't hear the interviews , you should. You can find them on the web. Her answers to questions were completely nonsensical. She apears to be incapable of independent thought. She was well prepared for some of the debate questions but dodged giving direct answers on most. She was like a parrot spouting catchy phrases. We do not need a barbie doll with a nice ass and cute wink. Herb

snowbear

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 05:06:46 PM »
Yep I saw it. Did not change my mind. I'm not brain washed by the media hype for Barrack. Some people can't think for themselves. We will be totally screwed as a country if he gets in.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
Snowbear, i posted this somewhere thought it was on here, but the EU has found out the OBAMA types are ruining thier countries real fast now that they have gotten the MUSLUM'S in power, SWEDEN is one that has and i do believe that FRANCE, is another.

I dont care if he says that he is a CHRISTEN, HE went to school and was raise in a MUSLUM; school. And from what i am told you cannot change once you have become a muslum,

Not only will we be screwed, but stewed and tatooed along with it.

From watching the news and campain of them, he has really scared the H--- out of me,
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 08:08:27 PM »
Me too Jack.. Many people I know are saying they will move to Canada if he wins. It looks like he may. God help us.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 01:34:13 AM »
Uh-uh-uh, sorry, fellas, you're not allowed up here with those attitudes.  We actually like black people and "zebra" people and even muslims up here.  It's not against the law to be a muslim...not that Barack Obama is, but you most likely will continue to think he is, even against all evidence...<sigh>   ::) ::)