Author Topic: Amps in the News 5  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Amps in the News 5
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:33:37 AM »
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: Amps in the News 5
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »

snowbear

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:01:39 AM »
Good point onelegblue!

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:45 AM »
"Bionic" legs are available worldwide, not just the US. The c-leg is made in Austria. My prosthetist feels that an amputee is not a good candidate for the c-leg until after they have first learned to walk with a nonmicroprocessor hydraulic knee. Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »
SteveC, great story and i does at times happen, just by being in the right place at the right time, but as for the C-leg that our mititary guy are getting, i have heard from some of them and they dont really care for them, to them it is nott strong enough to take the beating they give them trying to be able to go back to active duty. I personnally dont have any experience with them for i am not an AKA, just a BI BKA, so all i can do is pass on what i hear coming from a second party that has one and dosent rieally like it, he is making do because that is what the US GOV is giving all and everone of our AKA'S.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:54:11 AM »
"Bionic" legs are available worldwide, not just the US. The c-leg is made in Austria. My prosthetist feels that an amputee is not a good candidate for the c-leg until after they have first learned to walk with a nonmicroprocessor hydraulic knee. Herb

That's just his opinion, you'll find at least as many people who disagree with that...