Author Topic: emergency situation, what if?  (Read 10751 times)

snowbear

Re: emergency situation, what if?
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008, 05:46:27 PM »
Well we get snow. Sometimes 2 feet of snow. ::) But we are all use to it and handle it well. Some people are candy a** and will not drive it in. Not me!

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
Guzzitx, what about TORNADOS, you usually get about 10 mins warning on them, and i have lived in california and have gone through some pretty big shakers.

We were on a tornado watch last night and up until 10:30 this morning down here in EAST TEXAS.

So it dosent matter where you live there is something that will get to you.
PLJ,
my point is that I keep the same canned veggies, crackers, PB. and similar survival food all the time.
It just makes sense.
What if I get sick?
What if the national power grid goes down?
what if aliens invade?
It stuns me that people can't look after themselves for a few days.
We saw people lined up at McDonald's like it was manna from heaven.
I was eating peanut butter and crackers. Soup on the side. How hard is this?
p.s. --for the poor, soup in a can is cheaper than Big Macs.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »
Guzzitx, what makes it so sad is people now days are not shown how to surfive, when something like happened down here last month, we were with out power for 4 days, but we made it through with very little lost of anything, so now i am making it a little easier for us, and going to get and have installed a 6400 watt generater, so that we dont have to run around looking for ice to save our food, and have to cook on the bar_que unit out side.

hey i was right in there with you and was eating slam spam one my self and drinking ice water, and you are darn tooting it is cheaper than a big MAC any day, although we did eat out, some cause our favorate resturant still had power and i love biskets and gravy. have been trying to get them to make what we called SOS, that we had in the navy. but so far no go and there is a lot of retired navy people down here.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
Y'all aint ready for this but I still have 2 cases of tasty delicious Spam from 1999. It's still good. Fry it up with some peppers, onions, shrimp and a tad of Ginger yummmm No Ka 'oi.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

snowbear

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2008, 04:22:05 PM »
Y'all aint ready for this but I still have 2 cases of tasty delicious Spam from 1999. It's still good. Fry it up with some peppers, onions, shrimp and a tad of Ginger yummmm No Ka 'oi.

NASTY stuff! :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 07:15:35 PM »
Snowbear, dont think so, for i had slam  spam sandwiches for dinner last night and i loved it, i like it chopped up with scrambled eggs and toast.

also had a big helping of tater salud, with them.
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »
 :o ??? ::) ICKY!