Author Topic: emergency situation, what if?  (Read 10741 times)

snowbear

Re: emergency situation, what if?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »
WOW that is scary!

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:43 PM »
Hmmmm... A very interesting topic. What to do... What to do...
I suppose it depends greatly on the alleged emergency. Let's see.

If it were a fire, I would stand outside with a shotgun and not allow anyone to even attempt to put the fire out. I love getting all new shit and have an, "All new shit" clause in my homeowners policy.

For a prison break, I would provide the escapees with a few hundred in cash, the keys to the car or truck of their choice and a weapon or two providing they took my wife as a hostage. If not then the deal is off and I gleefuly kill them with my bare hands just for wasting my time.

For earthquakes I suggest sex.

A real emergency is when the batteries go dead in the remote control. Now that there spells trouble in anyones book. For that I buy them in a brick at Sam's club.

I'm Joe A. and I approve this massage
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 08:34:16 PM »
Joe, glad to see you back and posting agian, and i can say this for sure YOU ARE STILL FULL OF IT, LMAO on this one.
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
Hello Joe A. Hope your feeling well.

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 02:01:20 PM »
For a prison break, I would provide the escapees with a few hundred in cash, the keys to the car or truck of their choice and a weapon or two providing they took my wife as a hostage. If not then the deal is off and I gleefuly kill them with my bare hands just for wasting my time.

On a slightly serious note, I grew up in a house just a few miles from the state prison.  My parents had a policy of leaving their cars in the driveway unlocked with the keys in the ignition.  The idea being that if an escaped con made it to our place, we'd prefer they just take a car and leave rather than break into the house looking for keys.  In practice, escapees tended to run in the other direction, into town rather than out to the countryside.  Easier to hide amongst other people than among the cows and hayfields, I suppose.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
I live 2 blocks from a state prison.  I don't worry about an escape.  There has never been one.  If someone does escape, I highly doubt that they will be walking around my subdivision.  Most likely they have already made plans to be picked up.  A potential prison break is not one of the things that I worry about.

Joe A., welcome back!   
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »
'Joe' so glad you're here to give us advice ;)  Now the one about sex in an earthquake...hmmm, that might be one I'd like to try..  Heehee..    And did you approve this message or massage...massage I like.

;)
ann

snowbear

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 11:38:26 AM »
I Carrie pepper spry it keeps the creeps away!

Offline SusanN366

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »
What has everyone planned to do in an emergency situation?
I always have crutches nearby, say if a fire started in my home, or I needed to get out quick I could always hop or sit on the floor and slide around. If someone broke into my house though, being on the floor or crutches would really be of no use, (there is always something next to the bed for protection, and I mean from intruders ;). Have you seen how fast you can put your leg/legs/arm/arms on? I just want to hear what others have planned.
See-ya
ED

I've actually been in this situation, about 30 years ago.  I was awakened by sounds in the next room and realized a burglar was in my apartment.  I quietly reached over and threw a dress over my head, grabbed my crutches (which are always close by my bed, with a spare pair in my car trunk), and just started hobbling like mad toward the door, screaming "help" the whole way.  I made it out the door just as he ran past me.  There happened to be a policeman in the parking lot who had just pulled over a speeder, and when he heard me yelling, he came running over; he did a thorough search but the burglar was never found.  I've thought about that night often, and I don't think I'd do anything differently, even if I had two legs. 

And one of the worst moments of the whole episode was realizing that in my frantic hurry to get out of the apartment, I had put my dress on inside-out.  Major crime victim faux-pas  ;).
SusanN
Right AKA, 1972

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
Yes Snowbear, but have you ever asked yourself just what is attracting the Creeps?
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

snowbear

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
A creep is a creep they have a problem not me! :)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »
And one of the worst moments of the whole episode was realizing that in my frantic hurry to get out of the apartment, I had put my dress on inside-out.  Major crime victim faux-pas  ;).

When I lived in California I ran outside wearing nothing but my underwear during a earthquake. People just kind of looked and shook their heads. When I got used to earthquakes I would just roll over and go back to sleep.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

When I lived in California I ran outside wearing nothing but my underwear during a earthquake. People just kind of looked and shook their heads. When I got used to earthquakes I would just roll over and go back to sleep.

Add one to the number of reasons I shall never live in California.
We know hurricanes are coming 4-7 days in advance.
Imagine the response in California given such notice....

snowbear

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008, 06:14:07 AM »
Geese I'll take snow any day over that!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008, 08:56:28 AM »
Guzzitx, what about TORNADOS, you usually get about 10 mins warning on them, and i have lived in california and have gone through some pretty big shakers.

We were on a tornado watch last night and up until 10:30 this morning down here in EAST TEXAS.

So it dosent matter where you live there is something that will get to you.
you-all have a great day.