Author Topic: Retards and Democrats  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
Retards and Democrats
« on: August 18, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »
That's right Boy's and Girls he's back. Pen your hogs and hide your women or vice versa as the case may be ;)

What a terrible year I'm having so far. First the heart thing them my brother stepped on me and broke my good leg. One leg and it's broke. Can you sat Up Shi$ creek boys and girls? I can and without a paddle as well.

Lets just address all the silliness shall we?

What's the best foot for you?
The one that works. Ask your practitioner to explain.

Ratchet/Smooth pins vs. Vacuum?
The one that holds your foot on best. Ask your practitioner to explain.

Are you allergic?
anyone can be allergic to anything. I'm allergic to Taxes.

Now on to the off topic stuff. Teo you bellowing closet Republican, are you saying that those Commie Russian ba$tards are taking The independent nation of Georgia because God and George Bush told them to? I guess it wouldn't have much to do with the russians wanting control of the oil pipeline would it?

(Sniff... sniff...) is that the coffee I smell. Wake Up! Oil is the currency of the planet. Those who have it and those who control it rule the world. Remember a little fellow named Saddam Husein? His plot was to take Kuwait and dump a lot of cheap oil on the market and topple the global economy. Oil would have been nearly $20 dollars per barrel. Look where it got him. Had he been successful he would be ruling the world.

Do you realize that as Americans we couldn't afford to live in Europe? Ask Allen what a two bedrom flat and a gallon of fuel costs in London. For the most part we've got it made in America. We have our way of life because we have people who are willing to go over there and kick some "Towelhead".
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Retards and Democrats
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »
Joe, let me be the first to welcome you back and sound like you are your old self agian, this is that  old retard PEGLEG, still running with my wheels but getting better and can wear my legs longer, still havnt been able to get my latest pair on yet, but am getting close. 8) :-* :)
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »
Welcome back Joe! happy to see your old self is back and kicking but!

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:31 PM »
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »
It's nice to be back. It's nice to be anywhere at this point. I really didn't think I would make it. I'm still not well but I'm upright, dressed and out of bed again. I look really bad. I haven't had a haircut or a shave since february. I need to get to Waco Tx. to see my daughter. At 26 she was recently diagnosed with cancer.

My brother who stepped on me offered to take me in his motorhome as driving and flying are out. It will still cost me around 2000 in fuel.

I don't know how you do it Steve. Are things close by?
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

snowbear

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:35:19 PM »
Gosh Joe I'm so sorry about your daughter you Sure have had the crap handed to you. I hope you contrite to be OK. Never give up the fight..Thoughts are with your daughter. So sorry to hear this news.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:40:28 PM »
So sorry to hear about your daughter. From her age I would think that they caught it early (?) that should some benefit.

I don't know how you do it Steve. Are things close by?

The closest cinema to watch a film is about 40 miles
The closest 'take-away' (burger joint) is 14 miles
The closest nice restaurant is 39 miles
The closest food shop (very small) is 5 miles
The closest food shop (decent sized) is 14 miles
The closest clothing shop is 40 miles

The 40ish miles mean Galway city
The 14 miles is the next village over

I have a few donkeys, I think I may need to get a saddle.

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 04:24:17 AM »
Joe:

Welcome back on-line.  You've certainly had/have more than your share of it.  Let's hope that the year to come will be better for you.

I thought my year-plus of "medical adventures", back in 2000-01, took the cake.  But I'd say you've got me beat by a country mile.  (Yep, I went thru the heart bit, too.)

Sorry, to hear about your daughter.  Let's hope she's as tough a bird as her dad, and beats that cancer.  My prayers are with her as well as you, mate.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 04:39:00 AM »
Steve:

Sounds like youi're out in the "sticks" - 40 miles from Galway.  We lived a few years in the sticks - 12 miles from town.

$8.00 equiv for gas is about twice what we're paying here.  But what we're paying now is twice what we're used to not that long ago.

Yer right!  Saddle up the donkey.

When we visited London some years ago, I do recall that the housing in the better parts of the city was outrageously expensive -- way more than we could ever afford.

We'll stick with our modest little digs in suburban PHiladelphia.  Now that my wife and I are retired, it suits us nicely.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 06:20:39 AM »
Dick,
Your right about me living in the sticks. I think I actually live 5 miles past the sticks. I live on a island (really but it is big and has a more people living on it) but it does have a bridge out to it so its kind of like cheating. House prices are insane here and the only thing I could find that I liked that had a 5+ acres in my price range, was where I am.
I miss people though. Its fairly quiet where I am, last house on the lane and all that. If I didn't go the shop for milk I could go days without seeing a person. On average I see 3-5 cars pass by per day. Mostly fishermen going to check their boats. But I do have nice house and I'm building a art studio for my work at the moment. My land borders a lake and directly across the water is a small 700 year old abbey, my immediate neighbor is a connemara pony with a penchant for apples, I have sea views and I am secluded enough to be able to run around naked if I want.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:36:07 AM »
Joe, man am i sorry to hear about your daughter, and if you do get to come to WACO, TX, give me a call and just maybe we can get to geather am not that far from there, only about 1 1/2 drive, will PM my phone nrs to you later today,

Steve, you have got my kind of place, for some reason i am not that socialble any more and love to be completely alone at times with nothing to bother me, and yes with the price of gas, you have to get saddled up and start riding, my back yard is big enough to stable horses but the city says no way, but then agian gas has droped, would you bellieve 40 cents a gal in the last three weeks, it went from 3.98 down to 3.55 today.
 We have to drive roughly 30 miles to get to any major clothing stores, other than wally-world, we dont have many major chian store here in town. but that 30 only takes about 40 mins to drive and there is usually no traffic compared to what we had out in california.

AND TO JOE, MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »

Offline naseigfried

• Me on the right with Theron, my great legman. RIP
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace page
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 02:48:30 PM »
It was nice to chuckle when I read your post. Welcome back Joe. Sorry for all your problems, but I knew you'd make it. I hope all will be well with your daughter.
LBK since April 2004

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 05:03:00 AM »
Steve:

Sea-views.  Now you're getting me nostalgic for my youth days on Cape Cod in MA.  Our little village island had about 25 houses.  The roadway to town was low, so the place was an island at high tide and peninsula at low tide.  Yep, we had to check the tide tables to know when to drive to town.  Either that or take a boat.  Over the years, they built up the roadway so it doesn't flood over.

A few years ago, we had a rustic log cabin overlooking Lake Nockamixon (Joe will recognize the place), in rural Bucks County.    With 11 acres, we were told we could stable 3 1/3 horses. (That 1/3 would be a might messy.)

It was scenic and all that, but too remote for our needs.  Neither the grounds nor log cabin were low-maintanence.

So, 3 moves later, we are now in a nice little handicap-accessible home.  Very nice for lazy ol' geezers like us.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:48:09 PM »
Hi Joe - welcome back, It is great that you are recovering from all your medical problems. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's illness and hope she has a speedy and complete recovery. You have a safe trip down to texas to see her. I have a daughter is texas and go down at least once a year to see her. It is always difficult when one of our kids is sick. I did not understand the title/subject of your post. What did you mean by your reference to democrats? I assume that most of us in this group are republicans. I voted for Mccain in the last election but it seems that he has been saying a lot of stupid things recently unless he has Joe lieberman at his side whispering in his ear. I must say that I disagree with you that we have our way of life due to people willing to go over to kick Iraq. Out efforts in Iraq have resulted in a six fold increase in the price of oil and a mountain of debt, both of which are resulting in a reduction in our standard of living. Herb