Author Topic: Does anyone have any tips to make our lives easier?  (Read 16292 times)

snowbear

Re: Does anyone have any tips to make our lives easier?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 05:18:53 PM »
Have you tried putting the pants on first? before you put the legs on Like dressing a mankin I occasionally do that is they are snug at the botton or tapered. Dress them then slip into the legs and pull the pants up.

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2008, 06:22:12 AM »
Have you tried putting the pants on first? before you put the legs on Like dressing a mankin I occasionally do that is they are snug at the botton or tapered. Dress them then slip into the legs and pull the pants up.

Oh yes Snowbear, used to do that all the time, especially in the early days.  Still do it sometimes now, especially if I am wearing just one limb and not the other.  Its very easy to forget I haven't got the other one on, especially if I am sitting on the edge of the bed or whatever, with one limb on and one off.

snowbear

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »
I have actually put the wrong leg on the wrong side! LOL! I'm a LBK and put the left prosthetic on the right side. :) ::)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 09:00:20 AM »
Snowbear, i have done the same thing putting the wrong leg on the wrong stump and man you find out real fast when you try to step down on it.

And as for pants, i do like the firemen due with thier gear, i drop my pants down around my legs and then unhook them (i wear the pin/lock system) and then when i change i put the pants on my legs and then i place my stumps into the sockets locking them good. then i pull my levis up and i am off and running so to speak the day,
If i am in shorts like i am today, i put my shorts on first then climb into my wheel chiar and put on my legs.

Myff, just kidding but you dont need to be in skin tight levi's you are good looking enouglh. :D
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2008, 09:09:39 AM »
LOL! PLJ the wrong stump in the wrong leg! OUCH!!!!

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
Well, now you made my day, PLJ!   :-*

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
But at least PLJ can get levis ON!  I haven't been able to get a pair of those on for many a moon...not so's I could breathe anyway!!   ;D

Me either 'Myffanwy'  I believe that's called too much tummy