Author Topic: Does anyone have any tips to make our lives easier?  (Read 16199 times)

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have any tips to make our lives easier?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 07:06:16 AM »
When I shop for pants I take a plastic bag with me and keep it in my purse..This Way when I try on pants I  don't have to take my leg off just slide them off and on over the plastic bag..It beats taking the leg off to try on pants.

Hey 'snowbear' that's a really neat idea...duh, I would have never thought of that.
 ;)  ann

This has lostme,why wouldyouhave to removeyour legto change pants? I don't get it?

snowbear

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 07:27:14 AM »
 Thanks!l oneleg, I have been a amp for 5 years now and it just came to me, I was frustrated trying pants on with taking the dam leg  on and off. Then it hit me! Duuuh. should have thought of it 5 years ago..Live and learn!

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »
I think the bag idea is brilliant, and this long time amputee (50+ yrs) never even thought of it...never too old, eh?  But, just curious, why would you have to take your whole leg off?  Is taking the shoe off not an option? 

Thanks so much for the tip! 

snowbear

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
My shoes are hard to get on and off..And carring a shoe horn is not a option!! LOL...well I'm 40 something and the bag thing just came to mind. :)

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 10:51:36 PM »
My shoes do not come off very easy either.  If fact Hubby sometimes has to come and pry them off.  They tell me have gone down a size on my foot due to the cosmetic covering. :) ann

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »
My shoes do not come off very easy either.  If fact Hubby sometimes has to come and pry them off.  They tell me have gone down a size on my foot due to the cosmetic covering. :) ann

Sorry, that should have read I was told to go down a foot size, which I did.  Happens when I don't preview... ::)  ::)

snowbear

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »
Same with me Ann,, my hubby has to pry them off and put them on in some cases it depends what I wear.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 06:52:56 PM »
Same with me Ann,, my hubby has to pry them off and put them on in some cases it depends what I wear.

Gosh 'snowbear' don't you just hate that?  And most of the time if you can't get your shoe off...the pant leg won't go on.  I do not think the gal would appreciate me taking hubby into the dressing room  ::) ::)  afraid there would be alot of screaming going on.

snowbear

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 07:07:32 PM »
LOL!! Your a trip! yeah I could imagine the look we would get. However!!! when I was a new amp I had a leg from hell it was just awful and I had a really poor prosthetist anyway my husband took me in the men's dressing room so he could help me..The sales person was really nice about it..But that was a time to remember! LOL!!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 09:00:56 AM »
Maybe we just have Large Feet.....ya' think? :D ;D :D   {ann}

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »
LOL AND WOW, you girls should try it wearing two and see what happens, i cant even pull a  piar of levis on over my legs when i have them on.
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »
Maybe we just have Large Feet.....ya' think? :D ;D :D   {Ann}

NAH! I think its the stinking prosthetic foot! Some shoes I can get on by myself but most my husband puts on for me. I put out the shoes i want to wear for that day before he leaves for work he put it on for me..But hey at least now I have feet that are the same size! before the chop I had feet 4 size differences for a life time of being in a brace.

snowbear

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 10:03:47 AM »
LOL AND WOW, you girls should try it wearing two and see what happens, i cant even pull a  piar of levis on over my legs when i have them on.

I can not imagine being a double amputee PLJ you have my full respert and understanding.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 03:15:29 PM »
But at least PLJ can get levis ON!  I haven't been able to get a pair of those on for many a moon...not so's I could breathe anyway!!   ;D

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »
I wear two like PLJ, sometimes I can get trousers over the feet, sometimes not.  I don't have a problem though taking my individual shoes off generally speaking, . I carry a shoe-horn with me which make things a bit easier. Bit of a nightmare though if you are in a really small changing room, trying to try stuff on and there is no seat.

In the past I have had feet or shoes where the feet have  kind of slipped out so you the heel of the foot is sort of sitting on the back of a shoe, thats a real pain.  I generally wear shoes with a buckle these days, gave up with slip ons, as after a while, whenever I went up a slight slope they would slip off.