Author Topic: My sincere apology to everyone  (Read 3582 times)

teo

My sincere apology to everyone
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:51:05 PM »

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: My sincere apology to everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »

Hi,

Yes, Teo you said some really terrible things to everyone on the forum.  I, for one do not want you to leave.  I forgive you for all that was said.  I do not know how the rest of my friends feel, but for me, you are forgiven. 

You see, we are here to help each other...and you need help...tell us about yourself...your life, etc.  I will do anything I can to make it easier.  The rest will have to make up their own minds.

ann 

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:39:18 PM »
Hi Teo,

It has been my experience that at some point or another almost everyone has a difficult time with something.  The important thing is that you are addressing it. 

I forgive your comments.  For me, I've already moved on.  I don't worry or dwell on the things that I can't control (i.e., what others think).  Other individuals on this forum may not be so understanding but I hope that in time they will also give you a second chance.     

I wish you the best of luck and I would be disappointed if you left the forum.  As Ann said, we are all here to help each other. 

Michelle
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »
Teo:

I join Ann  and Mitchee in saying all is forgiven.  Not even sure "forgiven" is th right word.  When you were on the drug and withdrawal you weren't yourself.

Many of us have been there - maybe not to the same degree, but......

I remember the short time I was on morphine post-op.  I was pretty "loopy" and not fully responsible for what I did or said those days.  Drugs can do strange things.

By all means, don't leave now.  Yeah, you're right.  For a couple of days we saw the  >:( "Ugly Teo".  Now that you have the withdrawal uinder control, stick around at least long enough for us to see the  :) "Real Teo" - the  ;D "Nice Teo".  Aw, heck.  Just stick around, period.  There's room here for all of us.

Let's face it, all of us have had our embarrassing moments.  Whether it's drugs or drink or just plain putting our foot in our mouth, I think most everyone's been there, done that.

And ...... if you're still wrestling with pain control and meds, maybe someone here can give some hints or ideas.

May today and tomorrow be much brighter than yesterday.  :)

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Justin bilateral bk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »
My wife still hurts from some of the things I said post-op on the morph.

Offline pyourke

• BAK - Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
By all means you should stay Teo... as I suggested previously, if you are experiencing problems, pains, disappointments, uncertainty, you only need to ask for help. Everyone is here for the same reason... we all want to help you and others that are going through some of the things that we've gone through.
Peter
BAK since '74

Offline dotson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 04:18:38 PM »
When I was in the hospital just before my amputation, I had a morphine machine connected to me, and it malfunctioned and overdosed me.  I went totally out of my mind and tried to get my wife to call the police because I thought they were trying to kill me.  I jerked the I.V. out of my arm and wouldn't let any hospital employee touch me until the morphine wore off.  The doctors didn't know what happened, so they were going to move me to the psychiatric ward.  Fortunately, the hospital social worker knew me personally, and knew I wasn't psychotic, and realized I was overdosed.  Strange, that the doctors couldn't recognise what happened.  Drugs can really fowl things up.  So, Teo, it's understandable what happened to you.  Hang in there.

Offline allen-uk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »
Hello teo,

How you doing. Hope the pain relief is starting to work properly.

I haven't been around for a couple of months, so was surprised by the title of this thread, and just HAD to find out what you'd been saying.

Trouble was, apart from the offensiveness, which as you now say was inexcusable, on purely philosophical and rational grounds I totally agree with you. When I want to talk about such things and escape from the Apple Pie and Thanksgiving stuff, I go to a Buddhist Forum, where at least we start from different first principles. Do get in touch if you want the address.

Anyway, I also agree with you apologising to these good people, who (whatever their beliefs) have helped me profoundly over the past few years, and that's why I love and respect them.

Takes a big man to apologise, teo. Not something you find very often these days.

Respect, bro.

Allen.

snowbear

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »
Your taking personal responsibility and that is good. You are angry we all faced it..I hope you come back..Thanks for the apology it is accepted. and appreciated.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:27:49 PM »
Bold move to apologize.
We have all done things we regret, for whatever reason.

All the best with the pain meds, I am very happy I got through my amputation with about 15 Vicodin total.
(After the morphine in the hosp.)
I have seen that stuff ruin productive lives.

Fentanyl is serious stuff, a friend was on it while dying of liver/lung/lymph/brain cancer.
If you suffer that level of pain, you have my deepest sympathy.

Offline dozerdude

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »
Teo

I'm new here, so I happened to read your rant post first. WOW!

Your apology certainly sounds sincere, so by all means stay.

Bob

Offline bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »
Hello to everyone.  I havent been on this site in quite a while keeping busy and all but its sad that one person's comment (under the influence, withdrawal or whatever the reason) caused so much hurt and grief to so many good people.  As a physical therapist in a hospital I get my fair share of abuse on occasion (punching, spitting, biting, etc) from patients who are coming out of the influence of anesthesia or withdrawing from drug or alcohol addiction.  So for me its all in a day's work.

But to post a rant and then apologize to me just doesn't cut it.  I believe your apology is sincere but as for my vote you should leave the forum and reflect on your behavior and return when you have a better outlook on life and within yourself. 

My thoughts...>Bruce

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
TO all, this is PEGLEG JACK, your moderator, and this is a nother post the needs to just be put to sleep, TEO, is gone for good, he know why and understands why we did what we did, i know he has some nasty medical problems and needs to address them and get them taken care of.

Have left these post on here for all to see what can happen when abusing pain killers.
you-all have a great day.