Author Topic: Why won't God heal amputees?  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Why won't God heal amputees?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 07:26:38 PM »
You wrote in your 'pot post' that
... worked as prosecutor in Colorado,...
Maybe you were/are a lawyer maybe not, I don't care. But I do find it strange that a man whose job it would be to argue, to prove their case and win the jury...does such a poor job. Ranting is not winning over anyone.

First you write:
I can't believe that in this day and age, we still have people retarded enough to believe in God. 
The you write:
I am not the one who is claiming that religous people are retarded.
Sorry counselor, you're contradicting yourself.

...offending religious people is the least I can do.
  Believe me, its not a contest. All everyone wants is to get through life as best they can. You need to calm down. Last thing you want is to get in real trouble.

Do you want us to hate you? Forget it, I don't.

Get some help
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 07:59:37 PM »
Maybe hes confusing this site with YouTube. At any rate, you didnt earn any red stars with this.
Dave

teo

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »
Steve C, if you can't make an intelligent comment, why bother say anything?  I understand Ireland as one of the most religious countries in the world with less than 4% of people being atheist, so I could see how you could be especially upset with my assertion that religious people are retard/ have low IQ. 

However, the truth to the matter is that many studies show atheism increases when the general population's IQ increases.  Case in point: Ireland, with the low national average IQ of 93, behind every western european countries and far east asian countries, have the highest % of religious people.

It's irrelevant what you or I believe.  Numbers do not lie. 

Your act of quoting my comments out of context and not sounding intelligible perhaps demonstrate your lack of intellectual ability as an Irish national. 

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
Hi Teo - some things are best not said. people who are religious are not going to be convinced by any rational argument to change their beliefs. So what is the point of this? It is only hurtful to people with such beliefs. Surely people with different ideas can coexist and work together without the need for insulting each other. Herb

teo

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »
herb, Richard Dawkins says exactly the same thing about religious people on public forums and speeches.  People laugh, agree, and applaud him.  I have never seen Dawkins lose an argument.  No one can challenge him academically or rationally.  At least no one from the U.S. and western europe can.

Dawkins says religous people have low intelligence.  Not even the most debout Christian can argue against that point because it's true.  I am saying the same thing here telling folks I don't like to hear that retarded comment "God bless you."  Because I am not a retard. 

That's all I am saying and doing here.  As for the whole nation of people who are exchanging that retarded comments with each other, well ...  I think I made my point already.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »
Teo, I don't think you've made any point, other than to infuriate others.  Did you even bother to read and comprehend what the rest of us have posted? 

Religion, like many other issues, is an individual choice.  If you don't believe in God, that is fine... but don't start an argument over it by calling those of us who believe 'retarded.'  I happen to have an above average IQ and several higher education degrees and I find it offensive.  I don't consider myself 'retarded' because of my beliefs.  I also don't care for the shorthand, wtf, I find it very offensive.  You can make a point without using the f word.

I also don't consider the comment "God bless you" retarded.  I know lots of people who use the phrase and they are definitely not retarded.  They use the phrase in a positive context, they mean no harm or disrespect to those who are not religious.

Reality check... Get over yourself.   You are not as high and mighty as you think you are.  You are no better than the rest of us.       

Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »
This is the last time I'm going to comment on this rubbish and respond to Teo. I'm tired of playing your game, and responding to your rubbish which seems is all that you want. Why else would you write what you do except for the fact that you want attention like a misbehaving child. I have no idea where you get or make up your statistics. I don't care. Keep telling strangers all this and I'm sure you'll makes loads of new friends.

I seriously doubt that you are a lawyer/prosecutor. Most likely you never were. I picture you as a angry little man portraying himself as somebody more important. Your irrational thoughts suggest you're not too far from UFO sightings and seeing Elvis serving unicorn burgers on top of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Your act of quoting my comments out of context and not sounding intelligible perhaps demonstrate your lack of intellectual ability as an Irish national.
(sorry, I couldn't help it, I simply must take things out of context.)
But your comments were not taken out of context. And as for you trying to get a dig at me by insulting the entire Irish nation, think again Einstein, I'm American born.

What is that old saying...'What is worse..a fool? Or one that argues with one'. The way I feel now is that I don't see any reason to keep up this conversation. I suggest that one way to get rid of this type of behavior is to simply ignore it. He knows that if he spews mean spirited things that we will respond. I fell into that trap. Don't comment or even delete the post.
So Teo, carry on and end up being that crazy nude fella that barks at stones while people shy away and try not to make eye contact. I hope you get yourself sorted.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
We are all created EQUAL regardless of race, religion or gender!!!  

I agree with Steve C and I will not add anymore posts to this thread. 
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »
Teo,
We have a saying in Texas.
Does "pack it in yer ass" get the message through?
I'm not religious, but you have overstepped the bounds of decency.
I am done with you.
Good day, sir.

teo

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:18 PM »
Yes, this is pointless.  This is the last posting from me as well.

All I said was people making religious comment is offensive to me and I find such remark or belief retarded.  

My assertion that belief in God is a symptom of delusion and retardation is well founded in science.  I have provided several links above. If you disagree, fine.  Why is it so offensive?

Atheists are the most hated and feared group of people in the U.S. and I see that this forum is no exception.  I guess tolerance still isn't one of the virtues of religious people after all these years.  No Mitchee, I don't believe any deity created me, equal or not.

Lastly, since Steve C. doesn't know where I get my figures about Ireland, here they are.

Ireland national's IQ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations

Percentage of religious people in Ireland: http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35461.htm

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:21:28 PM by teo »

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »
Teo, I never find your posts to this forum helpful. I've been posting and learning from this site for many years, and we've had poorly adjusted people post before and they have weeded themselves away from the forum eventually.

I would suggest that you seem to take pleasure from stiring the pot and feel that you're somehow better informed about everything than anyone else. Why don't you go feel superior somewhere else, it's not constructive here.

David in Canada.

Oh, I'm sure you'll dig up some stats about Canadians being God lovin' retards!
pin-hi

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 08:49:02 AM »
Can I just congratulate everyone for not getting very offensive towards teo, because even though I'm not religious, and I don't give a toss what people say about god (for or against), this 'man' has been about as offensive as it's possible to be (through his keyboard... big man!) and no one has turned on him and given it to him with both barrels.
Well done all, you've all been a lot more balanced and resonable than could have been expected in the circumstances.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 01:24:08 PM »
OneBlueLeg:

You are right - and I would expect no less.   :)

You see, most of us are reasonable, considerate, intelligent folks who can rise above such childish tyrades.  I do hope that Teo can get help for whatever is making him so bitter and angry.  Time to get on with life, right?
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

snowbear

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
I have seen this and its a bunch of crap. ;D

snowbear

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »
"Teo"

You really did it this time!!  You are wallowing in self-pity because this terrible thing happened to you.  {Amputation}  It is an awful thing to happen to anyone, isn't it? I would give almost anything to have my leg back...BUT   you do not need to take your grief out on everyone else because this happend to you.  It also happened to each of us.  If you were a man; you would have the courage to tell us who is making you so unhappy on this forum.  I, for one would like to know.

I agree w/Steve and the rest that have answered you...this is a forum of amputees...we all have gone through a terrible situation...we are here to help each other; not throw each other under the bus.

Well stated Ann. I never had 2 "good" legs as I was born with a birth defect many operations since infancy and I wore a leg brace until my  amputation due to a birth defect...God gives us things for a reason they may seem unfair and not right...BUT we all have to accept it for what it is...It is what it is. it could always be a hell of allot worse. I have worked with handicapped children and trust me. having a amputation to me is minor. Some people do not know what is important in life.