Author Topic: Waiting on a limbfitter  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Waiting on a limbfitter
« on: June 27, 2008, 07:02:18 AM »
After meeting with a limbfitter, what would be the appropriate time frame in which to get a price quote in your opinion?

I am switching companies as I wasn't happy with their end product. I asked for a price quote for three legs (to give a price range) from the new company last year and it took 4 months! I wasn't happy but was busy enough that I actually forgot and ended up not having any leg leg made at all.
I go back to them as they say that they were sorry and it wouldn't reflect on the limbmaking process. I go back but the quotes have to be redone, these are for different feet (I learned about different feet from this site!). He called a few days shy of a month from our meeting and said he found my paperwork and as he was leaving for holidays in the morning he asked if I wanted for him to do the quotes now or wait until he got back from holidays (a few weeks later).
He seems like a really nice fella but I'm starting to think that this company are badly organized and maybe I should keep looking.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting on a limbfitter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »
Hi Steve - In these days of computers, there is no reason that your prosthetist should not be able to have a price for various options within 24 hours. My prosthetist has a large office staff and I always am told what my copay will be the next day. Sometimes it takes a few days to get a commitment for coverage from the insurance company. My prosthetist fabricates the leg on site, so I have my leg within a week. Good luck with your new leg. Herb

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting on a limbfitter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »
Shop around Steve, the folks you've been dealing with lack motivation. David in Canada.
pin-hi