Author Topic: Alpha Max liners  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Alpha Max liners
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
I got 2 Alpha Max gel socks ages ago and never really used them for some reason and just kept using my Alpha Spirit socks instead. I decided I best use them and I seem to get a red irritated band across my leg where they stop.
I forget if I had these sort of thing when I first started using the Alpha spirit liners so maybe it is just a breaking in period as the Alpha Max socks are a bit longer then the other ones so they end where sicks has not had a liner touch before. As far as I know the only difference between the liners are that the Max liners have a more durable fabric on the outside.

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
Re: Alpha Max liners
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »
The Alpha Max Re-enforcing strips are its main feature, but, it's sizing guide is different from an Alpha Spirit/Original - however, all Alpha Liners require the cast be reduced by 5% of the measured volume, so you shouldn't interchange between an Alpha original/Spirit and an Alpha Max as the sockets should be different...

snowbear

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 07:30:22 PM »
I use the same liners and have the pin lock system..I like the liners best..I agree they are good.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »
I use the same liners and have the pin lock system..I like the liners best..I agree they are good.

'Steve'  I also use the same liners snowbear uses w/pin lock system, but have mine custom made adding more padding on the bottom due to my leg being so boney & small.  They cost more but feel really good.

;)
ann

snowbear

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:53:21 AM »
Same with me Ann I have the same problem small and bony stump..Mine is also very thick and had extra heavy stitching on the sides..

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:30:55 AM »
glad to hear that you are having good luck with this type of liner, i went through two pair in just about two months, if you have a tight spot in your socket it will cause the gel to dissappear and that is what happen to me, my CPO said that i was too active to use them so i went back to ICEROSS 6 MM liners and havent had any problems since.
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:49:55 PM »
Mine are 6mm also for active amputees too. I'm active as possible.

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:40:31 PM »
i went through two pair in just about two months,

Alpha liners do have a warranty period - they shouldn't have failed in that time (Ohio Willow Wood  should have given you replacements)

snowbear

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »
I agree I'm very active and mine get worn out fast...they only last about 6 months.

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 10:48:40 AM »
I agree I'm very active and mine get worn out fast...they only last about 6 months.

I think they have a 6 month warranty on em.... get sent back to Ohio Willow wood after 5 months and get them replaced for free under warranty!

snowbear

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »
Yep they come with a 6 month warrentee. And they are $600.00 a pop!! its just insane!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 03:17:22 PM »
guess what, i had them just over six months when the hole appeared in all four of mine and they would warranty them for me, so that is why i went back to ICEROSS LINERS, have four of them that are almosst 6 years old and are still good,
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »
I have only had trouble with one of mine awhile ago..and it was replaced free. I have 2 I switch them on and off.