Author Topic: help with VA  (Read 2073 times)

jmoore

help with VA
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:19:58 AM »
hi everbody i seeing if anyone has ideas or help with the VA they have me at 60% for my amputation i am a AK they then gave me a few other percents foe someother things it nows adds up to  90% which is not bad but i can not work on top of my amp i have had 2 lower back fusions and one surgery on my left knee i am a workers comp nighmare i still take some pain meds i have been denied 2 for 100% disability i have one more time then i believe it goes to a hearing they state that i could gainful employment i would not hire someone taking pain meds would you? and you if lie and get hurt on the job you get nailed. any help would be great thanks Jeff

Offline ginger

• View Profile
Re: help with VA
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »
Jeff,
I worked for the VA system for 8 years and I really don't know how they figure out the percentages.  But I do know that the more you complain the more they are likely to increase your percentage.  I don't want to be nosey, but are you a war time vet?  If so, I believe that you have more avenues to go with.  Are you claiming depression and pain thru the VA?  If not do so.   Help this helps.
Ginger Henneberger
38 YO  Strykersville, NY
injury 8/28/02
R AKA 8/07
Still recovering, but doing great

jmoore

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »
hi ginger no i was lucky i served in peace time in the early 80s, you are i right what i found if you complain enough they increase you, the VA  starts low and if you complain then they raise it ,and yes to your last two comments thats what got me to 90% they state with out a knee i am only 60% it does not make any sense to me  especially when i read some reports how some vets where getting 100% for hemorrhoids i know thats not funny to them but i do not have a leg you think thats a no brainier for a 100% oh well i will keep complaining lol thanks for your post Jeff.

Offline ginger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »
Jeff,
I guess that sitting is more important than walking. Gotta love the government.
Ginger
Ginger Henneberger
38 YO  Strykersville, NY
injury 8/28/02
R AKA 8/07
Still recovering, but doing great

Offline Budsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
Don't get me going on government lol they make me puke...

jmoore

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 01:12:00 AM »
i hear that you will not believe this one i have been using ezin by daw for pulling into my socket my cpo has been nice and giving me one hear and there they are not to cheap he finally told to go to the VA to get them since this 100% service connected they pay for everthing,  well they only carry a few things from daw since these are made in France but the company is out of san diego calif, i can not get them and they will not order them is that BS or what instead they order something that i have never used and it comes in rolls of 100 ft and can not return if does not work thats our VA for you.