Author Topic: ROAD TRIP  (Read 3231 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ROAD TRIP
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »
HI GUYS and GALS, am going to take off on a road trip today just to get away from it all, going up to see if i can find and old shipmate that i think live about 100 north of me, see you all tomarrow,
you-all have a great day.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ROAD TRIP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »
i hit the jackpot on this. it was the person that i was looking for, didnt get to see him. But we viisited with his wife and exchanged addresses and phone numbers, its not that far from me so we will be going up there agian, he loves to fish and live just off of a lake called  LAKE-OF- THE- PINES.

Question, is there others out there that do this very same thing in trying to find old friends and lost buddies.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »
I have found old friends from as far back as 4th grade through a Myspace account (yes, I know its mostly for kids) but find it very easy to search their website for a name and picture.

I have looked at a website called "Lost Friends" (I think) and it had bulletins you can search for people and noticed alot of Vets looking for comrades.  It was very interesting reading the messages there.

Dave

snowbear

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »
I find that when we travel and I sit for more than a few hours My prosthetic leg burs..I think its the liner Sometimes I release it just a little..Or else I will not be able to get back in...Any one else experience this?

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »
Snowbear,This kind of OT,  do you sit where the sun shines on your knee or leg, and do you have silcone liners, I have found that it happens to me if the sun hits my leg, it will warm up the silicone and then you will have that burnning sensation, what i do is if the sun starts to hit my legs i take and cover them with a white cloth or towel, or any thing that will reflect the rays of the sun.

snowbear

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:26:36 AM »
I'm not in the sun much its happens when take a long road trip...I found that if I keep my prosthetic in one postion to long it burns at the knee. Interesting..Thanks Pegleg!

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 07:17:40 AM »
The burning sensation over the kneecap is common for people who wear liners; this is because the silicone pulls on the skin when you bend your knee; if you're sitting for long periods then it can cause redness and a burning sensation on the kneecap

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 09:26:04 AM »
On this burning sensation on the knee when you have your liners on, i found that drinking a couple of glasses of ice water and getting my inside tempature down they seem to go away, not sure just how this works, but then agian it may not work for everyone.