Author Topic: going under the knife  (Read 17600 times)

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
Re: going under the knife
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 01:37:07 PM »
So, PLJ, what are you doing to bring the legs back to "normal" size again?  I don't imagine you will force them into your sockets, will you?  Just shrinker use?   :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
Myff, i can get my right one on now, its a little tight yet, my leftone the doc today said that it may take a couple more days for the swell to get down where i can get my leg on, will start wearing my tight liners tomarrow for a couple hours a day that way i can get them down to the old size.
Got the stiches out and now can start my V-E  trreatment and that will help out a lot.

If worse comes to worse, i still have my old sockets that were to big for me and i can use them agian if i have to, just a matter of putting the feet back on them.

I already know i will have to go back to my 3 MM liners for a while.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
Did I miss it...what's a VE treatment? 

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 10:24:58 PM »
Myff, v-e treatment is vit-E oil that i use to rub on the incision to prevent getting a big scare in that area, and it also helps get rid of callouses that are forming on the end of my stump

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »
HELLO ro all of you GUYS and GALS out there, well i finially got to put on a pair of legs yesterday, and believe it or not i had to use the very first pair that was made for me back in 2002,(yes i still had them) my stumps have bulked up on me and am going to have to reshrink them so that my last pair of sockets will fit or better i can get in to them, only wore them for about 2 hours and that is all i could take, now i have messed up a nerve end in my left stump so may have to back off for a couple of days and see what happens, maybe by getting into my pool and swimming in the warm water i have (it was 92 degrees wed) and it sure felt good.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 03:07:13 AM »
Ahh, to have a pool...wish I could come over, PLJ!   ;)

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 07:21:36 AM »
Glad you are on the way to recovery PLJ.

That pool sounds nice.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 09:24:25 AM »
NEW update, had my legs on for three hours yesterday and walk about 40 feet with them one with the aid of my walker.

And yes i love that pool and the way the guy that had it put in, it has a green house building over it so i dont get all the leaves and tharsh blown into it so my maintance cost are way down, they only come twice a month to check it for me. As for having a pool i fought it big time when i was younger, for i had seen what had happen to some of our friend after they had thiers put in, it seemed like all the kid for about three blocks were over there every day and what a mess they had trying to get that stopped. so now i can lock up the pool house and dont have to worry about have the nieghbors kid in my pool unless they are invited to come over.

Annie and Myff, would love to have you both come over and have fun in it. You would love the jacuzzi with the high powered air jets that are in it.

Offline Myffanwy

• RAK 51 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »
Stop it, stop it, PLJ!  I'm just "green" with envy...haha!  Maybe one day my pool will come!   :D

Offline JClark

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »
I had bone spurs, when the doc went in to grind them off (my term not his) he told me later that it was nice to see such a big one, it was easy to find and he was certain that it was causing the pain.  He implied that some people blame bone spurs and have such tiny ones....

I think I fixed the bone spurs for good when I had the Ertl revision.  In my experience/opinion, I think all the doctors need to learn the Ertl process.
North-East Pennsylvania
+Left foot------------+Right foot---------------+
|Accident 8/31/2002 |ankle fusion 1/8/2008  |
|Amp 7/11/2003      | RBK (Ertl)    4/7/2010 |
|Ertl June 2005        |                                  |
+---------------------+-------------------------+

snowbear

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »
How are you feeling PLJ? Sounds like your doing well.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
Was able to wear my old pair of legs for about 6 hours today and did quit a bit of walking using m walker, the old legs dont fit just right but unable to get my last pair on just yet. But i had laser treatment on the area where i had the bone spurs cut off and it has helped in the healling proccess, so it looks like i just might make afterall.

snowbear

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 09:35:21 PM »
Of course you will make it! we are all survivors! and we never give up. I'm happy your able to get around a little Don't push it to much! Take good care.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
You are right about not pushing it. I did it yersterday and am paying for it today, one of the reasons i am pushing it is i am having some personnal problems concering my legs and need to get back up and walking to get it cleared up if possible.

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE POSTED ON HERE.

snowbear

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
Yeah When we push it we pay for it..We need to draw the line I always push it and then pay for it.

Take it easy..I know its easier said them done. :)