Author Topic: Suggestion?  (Read 5153 times)

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
Suggestion?
« on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »
I wonder if under the "general" category, our administrator can make subcategories?

For example, since not everyone wants to hear about my fitness and diet stuff, couldn't we have a subcategory titled "Fitness for the Amputee"?  That way just the folks interested in such a category could easily click into that category.

Lemme know what you think.
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:44:32 AM »
Marilyn,  i hope that i didn't offend you on that crack about cabbage, i love cabbage, but it dose have that affect on me.

I for one love to hear how other people are loosing weight, that way i can take your ideas and way and mix them with mine,

Because as i have stated before no two people are the same,

As fro me please keep us posted and your ideas coming, thats why we are all on here.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
Pegleg, nope no offense taken.  I just know that when I get ahold of an idea, I can be really annoying!  In order for me to take this change of eating plan to the next level, I have to be excited and I DO go overboard.  It's nice when we can recognize our own faults, don'tcha think???

My husband was gone getting a haircut when I was eating the cabbage recipe from last night... I sent him a text message on his phone that said, "You may not want to come home, I just finished eating a dish that contains cabbage AND beans!"

He walked in the door laughing.  Then he ate some and liked it!
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:39:36 AM »
Marilyn:

Your weight loss is worth crowing about.  And, as Pegleg said, your progress reports may just spur some of us on.  Here's one guy who needs plenty of prodding.  :)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:08:47 AM »
I wonder if under the "general" category, our administrator can make subcategories?

For example, since not everyone wants to hear about my fitness and diet stuff, couldn't we have a subcategory titled "Fitness for the Amputee"?  That way just the folks interested in such a category could easily click into that category.

Lemme know what you think.

Unless it's a really busy site, I reckon sub categories don't work. Sometimes things crop up in the general section of a forum that you'd otherwise miss if it were in a sub category. There's not enough stuff posted to worry about it I'd say. When I come on the site I go to the view posts since last visit and it chucks up everything I've not seen regardless of the sub category, and it's surprising what stuff I see that I'd otherwise miss if I only viewed certain categories. You can judge roughly whether you're going to be interested in a post by it's title, so I'd say don't bother.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »
I think it would be helpful to be able to see the post you are replying to in the box above the box you are typing your reply in to. herb

Offline DeZiner

• DeZiner
  • Administrator
  • Jack of all Master of one
    • View Profile
    • SEO, Web Design, and Hosting
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »
Hello Everyone
I have added some new boards to the forum to separate some of the topics. I hope this will make it easier to navigate to the topics you want to view.
Webmaster
DeZiner 8)
Where there is a will there is a way

Offline ginger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »
Deziner,
Looks great.
ginger
Ginger Henneberger
38 YO  Strykersville, NY
injury 8/28/02
R AKA 8/07
Still recovering, but doing great

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 05:05:16 AM »
Hello Everyone
I have added some new boards to the forum to separate some of the topics. I hope this will make it easier to navigate to the topics you want to view.
Webmaster
DeZiner 8)

Just shows how much influence I have! Thanks for listening... ;D... not... ;D

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 08:17:47 AM »
I agree with Blue leg - all these extra categories are distracting and a pain to look through. herb

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »
I agree with Blue leg - all these extra categories are distracting and a pain to look through. herb

That's what I meant... it just looks a mess... that's just my (and herb's) opinion though, clearly that's not important  ;) ;)

Offline dotson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »
I liked the old forum layout much better.  It always downloaded on my computer just as fast as this one.  I also liked each person's location showing at the bottom of their posts.  I knew each one of them and now it seems each person is a stranger because it shows them as newbies with no location.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:15 PM »
I liked the old forum layout much better.  It always downloaded on my computer just as fast as this one.  I also liked each person's location showing at the bottom of their posts.  I knew each one of them and now it seems each person is a stranger because it shows them as newbies with no location.

People can add their location in their profile to appear under their avatar as I've done... I guess most won't though...