Author Topic: RSL Revolution foot  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
RSL Revolution foot
« on: May 09, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »
I believe I may have mentioned this in the pas but has anyone have any experience with the "RSL Revolution", or the "variflex" foot? I can find some info on the Ossur page on the variflex but can't really seem to find anything on the RSL Revolution, although I did find a 'Revolution Range" on the Freedom Innovations website but nothing was called the 'RSL'...

I've been talking about getting a new leg for ages and even got two quotes. At the end of the day I did nothing and now I need to have thew quote revised. I do want to get the leg made as my current one must be 6 years old by now and I am wearing 6 cottons socks with it.
One thing though. I seem to need more padding than the 'normal' amp. I still get a bit sore even with 6 cotton and 1 gel liner and if I ever wear less socks I feel pain on the end of the leg. When I go from 1 gel and 6 cotton down to 1 gel and maybe 1 cotton wouldn't it be fairly painful because of less padding?
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RSL Revolution foot
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:43:19 PM »
SteveC, dont know a hill of beans about that foot, but do know that going from wearing 6 socks down to one, is like going from FORD to a CADILLAC,  when they make your socket it is made so that all the pressure is just below the knee and all to way around if possible, mine are like that right now, the socket is made so that you will not go all the way down and make heavy contact with the end of your stump, there is some pressure at that point but now enought to make it sore or painfull, if you start getting real bad pain there after you have your new legs made then there is something wrong and needs to be check out.

Amd it depends on what type of liner you are wearing.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:29:06 AM »
Thanks Jack. I wear a Alpha spirit liner.
I guess am just a bit apprehensive as the last few sockets weren't right and i had this notion that it may not be comfortable as it would like going from sleeping on a stack of mattresses to laying on the floor, but the way you describe it eases my worries.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:05:51 AM »
'Steve'  I found out from another forum the RSL Steeper & College Park are the same companies...the new foot you are talking about {RSL} is called ACCENT and was released for sale 04/14th.

you can read and see a picture on the College Park web-site.

Have a great week-end.
 ;)  ann

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:05:20 AM »
SteveC, glad to be of some help, that is the main reason that i am on here most of the time, when i am not researching information on my models i have and at this time drawing up plans for the next one, on my list of ones i what to try and make.

It 8:01 here and i just got up and put my legs on and have a real snug feeling all the way around just under my knees, with the exception of my left one which i have a bone spur on the out side of my stump which is painfull, am having it look at next week and see if they can shave it down so that i can walk and sit with out that area being real painfull. if now will have to have a special socket made with an opening in that area.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 05:05:57 PM »
thanks everyone for the help.

Ann-
I found the 'Accent' foot. Thanks for finding it but I don't know if it's the one that would me though. Its a bit too girlie for my tastes.

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
Hi, Steve

The name confusion may be because distributors (like RSL Steeper) can sell feet made by companies like Ossur, College Park using different product names!  What is called one thing in Europe, could be called something else in the U.S.  Confusing as heck to me ???, but I'm sure there's a good reason for it.   So it might be helpful if your CP can ask RSL what the "original" name was.
"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »
Robogirl is right....
RSL Steepers are a Prosthetic Service (in the UK) and distribute feet from College Park Industries (http://www.college-park.com/), Freedom Innovations (http://www.freedom-innovations.com/default.html) and Seattle products (among others)

Other UK companies include:
 -  Blatchfords are a prosthetic service company who have their own range of products (Endolite)
 - Opcare is the prosthetic service side who work with orthoeurope, they also distribute Ohio Willow Wood feet (http://www.owwco.com/)
- Otto Bock is both a service and product supplier
 - Ossur supply products but have no (NHS) service in the UK (although you can see them privately i think)