Author Topic: growing end of finger back  (Read 3381 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
growing end of finger back
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »
Wasnt able to get all of it, but heard this in the radio news the other morning,  that over in the UK, they have found a powder that they can use to regrow a person finger back.

Was wondering if any on else has heard anything to this nature, would like to see pictures of what that persons new finger looks like it was about 1 inch that was regrown according to what i heard.
you-all have a great day.

Offline pyourke

• BAK - Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: growing end of finger back
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »
There seems to be some controversy that the report may be a hoax or at least an exaggeration. Check out this page. It has the BBC video, plus a couple of updates on the report. As with all internet reports, take it with a grain of salt... or maybe "pixie dust". I'm not sure what to believe.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scott/finger-regrowth-hoax
Peter
BAK since '74

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
Kindoff thought that was what is was, sound like somebody is trying to pull the wool over somebody head. thanks for the information, seems like you cant beleive half of what is on the radio anymore.
you-all have a great day.

Offline tbrbeast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:43:13 PM »
Saw this on another site.  Turns out none of the information has been peer reviewed or duplicated so I would tend to view it as a definite hoax.  There is research occurring in this area but nothing I have seen or heard is anywhere near this.

snowbear

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »
Sounds science fiction to me :o