Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2358 times)

Offline edinct

• before my accident
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
Hello,
I am Ed, I am a BKA, had a bad m/c accident in aug of 06, tried to save the leg for 7 miserable months, had an external fixator on with three rings and 14 pins, got an infection, and had my leg amputated in march of 07, that was the best thing to happen. My leg if saved would have been useless, but now I am back to work full time and going strong.
Glad I have found this site.
I am an avid fisherman, freshwater and saltwater, love to work around the house, and just hang out with my wife.
Anyone from Connecticut?
Take care
ED

snowbear

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »
Hi Ed I'm a LKB for almost 5 years now..Due to a Birth defect and 17 operatons since infancy I wore a leg brace all my life on that leg..Only to developed a major bone infection and have to loose it or my life. Just remember it could always be worse..They tried to save my leg for 37 years before I lost it...I have a lot of phantom pain because the more pain a amputee has before amputation the more after. I have a wonderful husband  and  I work part time as a teaching assistant in a first grade  class. Life is really like a box of  chocolates you never know what your going to get!

Offline metdrs

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »
Welcome Ed,
We are glad that you have found our site and are joining in the forum. I am RBKA since Feb 0f 06 and live close in NE Pa.

There are many knowledge people here, that can answer your questions, or direct you to a website that might help. I hope that you are up on a leg that allows you to do the things that you love doing. We say " we can do anything, but we might need to do it a little differently"

I do work around the house, and enjoy photography: and could not live without the computer.

We hope that you will continue posting

Dave S
NE Pennsylvania
Taking one day at a time!!