Author Topic: Limbless Association Website - out-of-action  (Read 5811 times)

teo

Re: Limbless Association Website - out-of-action
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
Allen, I am not trying to piss anyone off.  Just wanted to point out that streotyping of any class of people is wrong.  According to IP you provided, you live in Bournemouth England. For satelite view of your house, you can go to

http://www.ip-adress.com

or many other similar sites offering IP address locator.  just type "IP locate" or "IP locations" in google.com.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:21:08 PM by teo »

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »
Allen, I am trying to piss anyone off.  Just wanted to point out that streotyping of any class of people is wrong.  According to IP you provided, you live in Bournemouth England. For satelite view of your house, you can go to

http://www.ip-adress.com

or many other similar sites offering IP address locator.  just type "IP locate" or "IP locations" in google.com.

How did you get Bouremouth, surely it's London?

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
Teo:

In a word, "Cool your jets."

As Steve says, this is a forum for amputees to share amputee-related issues.  While this discussion of "hacking" is interesting,  to label anyone who not as savvy as you on such matters as "offensive" or "ignorant" seems a bit out of line here.  There is a way to share your apparent expertise within making those of us who may be techologically-challenged feel ill-at-ease.  Try re-reading your previous post, and see how it may be seen as a put-down by some.

And Steve has a good point.  I really don't want you wandering thru my house uninvited, even if you don't steal anything.  For in fact, you would have stolen my privacy.  I may be touchy, but I don't welcome you snooping around my hard-drive, no matter what your intentions may be.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 03:31:25 AM »
By the way teo, I've tested this IP addess link you supplied and it's miles out, so I won't be worrying too much.

Offline Sparky

• Derbyshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »
Ian, Allen used his ISP's gateway (The default address of a network or Web site. It provides a single domain name and point of entry to the site. IE. your ISP ) IP address. 

Like Steve C, I'm here for amputee related stuff. Steve, "double knit jumpsuits" out of interest would you argue for or against?

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 08:30:56 AM »
TO-ALL, that have posted on this subject, IT HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH WILL LEAVE THIS UNLOCK FOR ONE MORE DAY AND THEN I WILL LOCK IT OR DELETE IT. THIS FORUM IS FOR AMPUTEE'S TO RELATE TO THEIR NEEDS AND TRY AND HELP OTHERS OUT IN THING THAT THEY KNOW AND HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH, AND IT DOSENT HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH HACKERS OR SPAMMERS, END OF DISCUSSION.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »
TO-ALL, that have posted on this subject, IT HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH WILL LEAVE THIS UNLOCK FOR ONE MORE DAY AND THEN I WILL LOCK IT OR DELETE IT. THIS FORUM IS FOR AMPUTEE'S TO RELATE TO THEIR NEEDS AND TRY AND HELP OTHERS OUT IN THING THAT THEY KNOW AND HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH, AND IT DOSENT HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH HACKERS OR SPAMMERS, END OF DISCUSSION.

Spoil sport... :P ;)

Offline allen-uk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »
Alright Jack, but before you pull the plug, can I just have a quick word?

Teo: you say : "Allen, I am trying to piss anyone off."
Fair enough. It's either an Unusually Frank Admission, or a Freudian Slip.

Dick et al: I wouldn't worry about Teo's murky clients creeping round your house, as a) my IP address of Bournemouth is about one hundred miles away from my real home in London, and b) even if he'd got closer, i.e. London, he'd still have 12 million doors to knock down before he found me.

Peace and love, Teo. (And stop yelling, Jack!)

Allen, London, England, UK.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 11:31:31 AM »
Double knit jumpsuits? Definitely, but not near open flame.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.