Author Topic: Amps in the News  (Read 7090 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Amps in the News
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:56:30 AM »
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
Re: Amps in the News
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
AMPUTEES IN THE NEWS
I found yet another weird little story involving amps.

"weird?"  I read something here about a guy that has a dog with one leg who is also an amputee.  Heehehe.
Dave

jmoore

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »
steve nice story saw one the other day where they saved a horse and it is a bk front leg now has a prosthic leg it is pretty cool, Dave 08 what is so freaking hehe about a guy having a  dog being a amp?

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »
Inside joke to Steve C.
Dave

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
jmoore-

I actually have a three legged dog... thats the inside joke. http://www.galway-spca.com/pal.htm#Millie

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

jmoore

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 03:25:47 PM »
i glad when i read that i was what the heck my bad put my foot in mouth lol have a good you two jeff

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »
i glad when i read that i was what the heck my bad put my foot in mouth lol have a good you two jeff

On the dinner menu tonight is  Filet of Sole with a light cream sauce.     Bon Appetite !
Dave

jmoore

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:21 PM »
can i get stuff filet of sole adds a litttle more flovor lol and extra sauce nothing wores then dry filet of sole have a good one jeff

teo

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »
Steve, how's your dog doing these days?  Just curious.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 05:59:55 AM »
Millie is doing just fine. 'We' went kayaking yesterday. I live next to a lake and the weather was brilliant so I went for a paddle. Millie thought I was taking her for a swim. She's swim towards me then I would usher her ashore,. She'd run along the rocky shore (some cliffs) then jump in again and try and catch me. I was worried she'd drown herself so I had to cut my little voyage short. So, we just went to the beach.

Here's herself. Now you know where rainbows come from. Millies head.

Millie relaxing during the winter

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 08:11:49 AM »
Steve, great looking dog you got there what bred is it.

You need to modify you kayak so that she can sit in front of you and go for a ride instead of swimming along side of you
you-all have a great day.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »
Maybe a personal raft that you can pull along with you ?  Great picture with the rainbow !!
Dave

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 11:44:21 AM »
She is a beautiful dog!   I enjoyed reading the article that you posted in your link to the Galway SPCA. 

Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »
Unfortunately the kayak can't be modified and I have tried to her in it. It just didn't work. She's capsize me in a heartbeat. I have thought about as little raft but I would tend to think she's leap off at the worse possible time. I think I need to basically leave her at home when ever I go swimming or in the kayak.
I'm glad you liked the article Mitchee. I wrote it then they put changed a lot of it to make it sound a bit child-like. I made them change their first version as they had me saying things like "I'm so glad we're both amputees..." and basically made up their own story.

She's a labrador. A good guard in respects that she'll bark at strangers but if a robber would throw a stone or a ball she's take off after it.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 09:19:32 PM »
Hi Steve - I have 2 golden retrievers that love to swim.  My older dog likes to ride in a canoe with me and will sit quietly in the canoe without tipping it. I haven't tried it in a kayak yet because they tip so easily. Sometimes I will go for a short kayak ride and let the younger dog swim along side of me. I put her on a 30 foot leash because if I do not she will swim across the lake to visit a dog on the other side. When we swim I take a tennis ball and throw it out in the lake as far as I can and while she is retrieving I swim out with her. When she brings the ball to me, I throw it out further. We repeat that a few times until I am tired. Then I grab her tail and she swims and pulls me. I tell her to get in my truck and she will will swim to shore pulling me. She loves swimming even in frigid  water. We will be taking our first swim of the season in a week or so. The ice is finally out of the lake. Herb