Author Topic: one year today that i had my leg whacked off lol  (Read 4273 times)

jmoore

one year today that i had my leg whacked off lol
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »
hey got to have fun with it it was 1 year ageo today that i had it done i wish i would have done it sooner the pain for the most part are gone now the fun part begain learing how to walk again and boy that was fun lol pushin your butt, quit looking down, blaw blaw lol you all know the fun stuff i have came along way in the last few months work my butt off and got my c-leg from the VA that was alot of hoops to go through but it was worth it now i love my c-leg had it now about amonth what adifference i learned on a 3r60 good knee but not a c-leg well anyway it has been a hard at times and fun at times what a strange way of life now i have not let it stop me from doing the things  i like i went hunting this season and got a nice black tail 3by2 well have a good one jeff 8)

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
Re: one year today that i had my leg whacked off lol
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »
Yep, those anniversaries are a marker.  Sometimes quiet, sometimes quite noisy!

I'm over two years into the amputee lifestyle and I honestly have forgotten how it was when I had two feet.  Well, it was easier to get around without thinking...

But yup!  We are here, we are the same people, involved in life.  If I am changed by my experience, it is only to be a better person.
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

jmoore

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 01:18:22 AM »
you are right it has been a change for the good i am off all the heavy pain meds  and i am happy again and enjoy life it is still strange  to look in the mirror and not see my right leg but i am in a good place with that.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:11:16 AM »
JMoore: Happy anniversary - sounds like you've come a long way and are in good spirits.

Marilyn:  Celebrating a 2nd year.  The best to you, too.

I'm 7 years into this ampdom, and still chugging along happily.  Also, I turn 70 in a couple of weeks - and that's some kinda landmark for me.

Hope that your years to come are just as good for you.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

jmoore

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »
dick thank you i hope there to, i hope your 70th is alot of fun it sounds like you have not slowed down at all thats great.

Offline ginger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

I just celebrated my 6 month ann. and my 38th birthday on the same day,  Things are going great.  Got my second socket on Friday I can't believe the difference that a good fitting socket makes.  Have a good day all.
Ginger Henneberger
38 YO  Strykersville, NY
injury 8/28/02
R AKA 8/07
Still recovering, but doing great

jmoore

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »
hi ginger happy 38th bday and 6 months in the club thats good that things are going great i know what you mean on a good fitting socket i am on my third mas just got out of my check socket and now i got to break in the new one and that allway bites lol just got to fine tune them have a good one 8)

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »
32 years ago for me! I'm posting to see if my Avatar selection worked. A pic of me taken by my caddy at the Old Course a couple of years ago after teeing off on the 18th hole.
pin-hi

Offline King Rocky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 06:36:27 AM »
JMoore, did you say that you used to use a 3R60 and eventually moved on to a C-Leg?
I was on 3R60 for a while and it never gave me any stance support, which they said it does.  The 15 degrees flex, is more on the heel strike and a slight movement of the foot down, which is not quite a stance thing.

Anyway, I couldn't afford a C-Leg, which I want also, but am on a 3R80, which is a mechanical knee joint.  Have had it for nearly a month.  Must say that it's good.
But for some reason, I'm getting getting the feel of the socket.  It really hurts in my groin area.  Each time on the new socket we try something new, but it hurts.  Right now I'm developing some sort of a boil and it hurts - ouch!

What kind of socket do you have?
How difference is a C-Leg?

Regards
King Rocky
aka - Jan. '06
King Rocky
aka - Jan. '06
"Significant times in life are NOT ALWAYS significant, when we are going through it" -  Rajan '98

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 10:51:17 AM »
KING ROCKY: i am not a AKA, just a bilaterial bka, put have read and looked at it.

lot of people are haveing real good luck with the RHEO KNEE,  not sure who makes it, but then agian like i said i am a bka not aka, so i am not up on this equiipment.
you-all have a great day.

jmoore

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
king rocky i had the 3r60 for about 7 to 8 months and your right that knee damper is hard to get use to to took a few months for me to trust that thing once i did i was okay but always had that fear of the knee giving out, fall a couple of times because of it  i did not like the knee because there is no lock on the knee only if you stand with the knee straight and if you shifted your weight the knee would buckle i saw a 3r80 looks like a nice knee to me it seemed heavy does it to you? the kind of socket i have is a mas i love it, it feels like it is part of my leg i like my socket a little tighter then most my CPO says to me it feels more part of my body then something that is lose it took sometime with that socket to get use, trim lines are allot lower i can sit in a chair and pull mt leg towards my head and not lose suction just got to get use to the ear look up mas and you will see what i am talking about, the c-leg i love it, it feels like a normal knee it is strange just had it about amonth now, going to pt to learn all the tricks with it it is strange going down stairs like a normal person i also like the fact i can lock the knee in any position i like and then just take a step and start walking then in the other mode right now i use it for locking out the knee to put it on, they tell me once i use to it they will change the second mode for me so i can turn off the knee and ride a bike or run. i know what you mean on the groin i use to have a modified ic socket for a few months i hated it just hurt i almost said screw this and walked with cruches i am glad i did not we tried the mas and again i really like it i hope that help sorry for the long answer